The Bane of Your Life vs Newcastle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

---------------Rose---------------------------------------------Chadli

---------------Vertonghen---------------Mason
Lloris------------------------------------------------------------Eriksen---------------Soldado
---------------Kaboul (C)---------------Capoue

---------------Dier--------------------------------------------- Lamela
I really hope this isn't a typo. Great look imo

yOyr4ZH.png
[/IMG] :adebaehug:
Soldado as a CAM, and Eriksen on the right wing...

Sorry, you fail. All those green links are in fact red.

I just don't like eriksen on the wings. It doesn't make sense and doesn't work. Just like siggy, he drifts inside, it leaves our full back open. Eriksen is our only player who is able to pick a pass. He is the only player who has creativity. In my opinion he has to play in the middle. Newcastle will put everyone behind the ball, and we are going to have to break them down. We won't do that by playing straight down the middle, against a wall. We need width in this game to get round the back of them. Dare is say it, it might be time to give lennon a go.

My team

------------------lloris----------------
Dier----kaboul---vert------davies
----------mason---eriksen
Lennon-------lamela------chadli
-----------------soldado-----------

Swap soldado for kane when needed, mason for dembele aswell.

I think the team we put against City was doing a good job going forward, I'd be hesitant to change that at the moment especially against a team as bad as Newcastle.

No idea why people are switch Rose out for Davies... We were poor all over our back line against City and if anything Rose was our best defender on the pitch and Davies has so far been everything but solid against poor opposition.

Same team as City, Verts for Fazio obviously though.

Lets SMASH 'EM!!

I don't see Newcastle having a strong attack. To me, both Capoue and Mason are Defensive-first CMs. Do we really need SO much defending vs Newcastle - or should some extra offense be inserted for this game?? If they park the bus and play for a tie - we might need more offense.

I don't see Newcastle having a strong attack. To me, both Capoue and Mason are Defensive-first CMs. Do we really need SO much defending vs Newcastle - or should some extra offense be inserted for this game?? If they park the bus and play for a tie - we might need more offense.

Mason is definitely not a defense first CM. He grew up as a number 10 and is certainly a much more dangerous passer than defender.

Mason is definitely not a defense first CM. He grew up as a number 10 and is certainly a much more dangerous passer than defender.

He may have grown up as a #10, but he does not join the attack as much as I wish he would . Not saying he is bad - he has great defensive positioning, passes quickly. On the occasion that he does get forward, he has had or created chances. But if both Capoue & Mason start - then I hope that Mason pushes forward more and deeper in the attack.

He may have grown up as a #10, but he does not join the attack as much as I wish he would . Not saying he is bad - he has great defensive positioning, passes quickly. On the occasion that he does get forward, he has had or created chances. But if both Capoue & Mason start - then I hope that Mason pushes forward more and deeper in the attack.

I don't necessarily disagree with your assertion about being more offensive. To be honest, I would prefer if we went 4-4-2 at home against poorer teams and just gambled on the fact we could outscore them. I also would be find with playing Bentaleb or Dembele next to Mason. I just don't think of Mason as a defensive first player.

Back
Top Bottom