Surfer flag

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think I voted for that winning one, but i'm not 100% sure. Wasn't overly impressed with any of them, like someone else mentioned they were all a bit plastic looking.

"The game is about glory" seems a bit cringe when we've got one league cup under our belt in the last 15 years

I prefer to see it as just celebrating the club's ethos of playing attacking football, articulated so well by one of the ultimate legends of the club, half a century ago. Doesn't mean we will always live up to that standard of course, and certainly not that we'll always be winning trophies(!) But yeah it's kinda cool the club remembers its past like that, I think. Still would be better if we had more authentic stuff instead of the corporate attempts though, obvs

When the first one came over, I was front row of the south upper. I saw approximately three inches of the flag as it passed underneath the tier. Something of a let down. Rather took away the point - seemed a lot of good effort had gone into something rather disappointing.

Secondly, surfer flags go from bottom up, not side to side? No? Would have been better to have been started in row 1 behind the goal and worked upwards towards row 25 or whatever the top is.

Whole thing was strange. Must be twice the size at least for it to be worth doing.

I'm a bit behind this surfer flag stuff ... so can someone explain what's going on?

What happened to the original one (CSWY)?
Did it (predictably) fail because it was so small?
And if we are redoing it again, will it be an actual surfer-flag (size-wise)?

This new design winner is fine, but I would've just stick with that CSWY version and just super-size that.

Back
Top Bottom