Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was there mate, and plenty of people around me begrudgingly acknowledged his goal when it went in, as both inevitable, and something we could perhaps do with ourselves next season!

Not saying say he's gonna rip the league apart, but he could certainly be the difference in games where we need a touch of class from a set piece or free kick (which is something we've been sorely lacking this season!) A James Ward-Prowse upgrade if you will!!! (but not just a one-trick pony like JWP!!)

I just didn’t see him do anything in the game (apart from the free kick obviously). Maybe it’s because he was just in a defensive shape but I didn’t think he looked a threat or anything exceptional during game play.

One player I would love to sign that's closer to home is Pedro Neto. He seems to get injured a lot but he's a brilliant player and I think his style would suit us well. He's already really good on his day but you get the feeling he still has so much more to offer someone.

Or keep Solomon and don’t sign Werner
I'd rather sign Werner and sell Solomon for an easy profit in the summer, I know he hasn't really had a fair shake but he always felt like a rather circumstantial signing and it's hard to see how he gets into the side now ahead of Kulu, BJ on the right and Son, Werner on the left. I think he would have been a useful squad player barring his injury and if we had looked more like only challenging for top 8 as opposed to being positioned to make the top 5 in Ange's first season. I feel like our level has gone up in terms of what we need on the wing now compared to when Solomon was first brought in. Happy to be proven wrong but I can't see him making many waves now, he maybe gets next season as emergency cover.

I would fucking love it if we went out and got Olise for the RW, really think he is capable of being elite if he had better players around him, I think he would be more effective from the beginning of games than BJ has proven to be and allow us to use him off the bench which seems to be his forté for now. I think if we sign Werner for the left we can probably shelf signing a LW until summer of 2025, I should think Son will still be playing at a top level next season and Werner could continue to improve as he settles into the side. I think getting a top RW would not only make us far more threatening from the beginning of matches, but give us the freedom to use Kulu across the front 3 (particularly the 10 role) rather than rely on him to start off the right against low block sides which really does nothing for us.

FFP will play its part in who we sign, that and Partici. Think the transfer window will go one of two ways, clubs like Palace will either have to settle for less than they hoped for their stars, unless their is a bidding war, with FFP beginning to bite or they hold on to their stars, risking losing them for even less in one of the following windows. We are in a good position where FFP is concerned, providing it remains an influence. Can see us being interested in Eze and possibly Grealish, who is seeing a lot less game time since Doku arrived at City, both proven in the league and home grown. Both would be ideal, but wishful thinking.

Krava is good, very good dribbler, if it came down to it I'd prefer Eze but people will feel better signing Krava because he's a sexy sounding foreigner being signed from a big club as opposed to Homegrown Eze being signed from Crystal Palace.
Kvara makes a pittance compared to Eze’s new contract. Napoli surely aren’t going to cash in on Kvara and Oshimen in the same window.
I reckon that Eze (fee and wages combined) will be considerably more than Kvara and Kvara is 2.5 years younger. The only advantage Eze has is a homegrown status for which I’m going to be forced to pay a huge premium.
No brainer for me.

Kvara makes a pittance compared to Eze’s new contract. Napoli surely aren’t going to cash in on Kvara and Oshimen in the same window.
I reckon that Eze (fee and wages combined) will be considerably more than Kvara and Kvara is 2.5 years younger. The only advantage Eze has is a homegrown status for which I’m going to be forced to pay a huge premium.
No brainer for me.

De Laurentiis is no mug, Napoli are trying to tie him down to a new deal and will probably look similar to Osimhen's with a high buy out clause, it's going to take a stupid bid this Summer to get him which we aren't going to do.

Eze is much more gettable as he's a base client.

De Laurentiis is no mug, Napoli are trying to tie him down to a new deal and will probably look similar to Osimhen's with a high buy out clause, it's going to take a stupid bid this Summer to get him which we aren't going to do.

Eze is much more gettable as he's a base client.
If we only sign gettable players, we stay in a comfort zone and live in this same range of 8-4th and nearly winning things.

I like Eze and will be happy if we sign him but does he push us over the edge? Is that star quality we are clearly missing?

IMO no.

If we only sign gettable players, we stay in a comfort zone and live in this same range of 8-4th and nearly winning things.

I like Eze and will be happy if we sign him but does he push us over the edge? Is that star quality we are clearly missing?

IMO no.

True but the players we sign need to be worth a dime, no point splashing cash on players just because.

Vinicius is the kind of star power signing that would push us over the line not Krava, spending £100m or whatever on players who haven't built up any year on year consistency is exactly how we got in trouble with Ndombele.

Eze isn’t a wide forward really, if we want that then Olise is the target. I guess Eze would back up Maddison (or challenge for his spot)?
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Back
Top Bottom