Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He might not be quite as good as either, hard to say, but I would be just as pleased signing Eze as the likes of Leao and the Georgian bloke from Napoli who's name is similar to my Wi-fi password. Eze has already proven he can do the business in the Premier League. Already adapted to living in London. You're obviously never sure how foreign players will adapt, how long it might take them. But these are all the type of players we need to help us continue progressing.
Name is similar to my WiFi password.

Unnecessary disrespect but I’m here for it.

I think he’s class though.

I was there mate, and plenty of people around me begrudgingly acknowledged his goal when it went in, as both inevitable, and something we could perhaps do with ourselves next season!

Not saying say he's gonna rip the league apart, but he could certainly be the difference in games where we need a touch of class from a set piece or free kick (which is something we've been sorely lacking this season!) A James Ward-Prowse upgrade if you will!!! (but not just a one-trick pony like JWP!!)

Maddison can bang a deadball........ Seems you and a few others have forgotten this.

He might not be quite as good as either, hard to say, but I would be just as pleased signing Eze as the likes of Leao and the Georgian bloke from Napoli who's name is similar to my Wi-fi password. Eze has already proven he can do the business in the Premier League. Already adapted to living in London. You're obviously never sure how foreign players will adapt, how long it might take them. But these are all the type of players we need to help us continue progressing.

Ironically it would have been shorter to type out his name!

Krava is good, very good dribbler, if it came down to it I'd prefer Eze but people will feel better signing Krava because he's a sexy sounding foreigner being signed from a big club as opposed to Homegrown Eze being signed from Crystal Palace.

Yeah, he's a baller no doubt. Perhaps a question about whether he has the physical tools for the Premier League, but that's always something that can be worked on. Surprised he's still at Napoli really.

He's not having anything like the impact he was last season:

35 apps / 9 G / 6 A
No goals in the CL.

Last season 43 apps / 14 G / 17 A

He's not having anything like the impact he was last season:

35 apps / 9 G / 6 A
No goals in the CL.

Last season 43 apps / 14 G / 17 A
He’s not been as effective this season but their whole team has dropped off. He’s the type of player that we’ve been talking about that’s technically very good,can go by players from a standing start,not lightening but quick,scores goals and links the play.
His buy out will be astronomical. I’d imagine he’ll be looking to get out after the season they have had while his stock is still very high.
He’s the type of wide player that gets you off your feet.
Can we not just get him and Neto and that’s our lot in the summer 🤷‍♂️🤣

Last season was probably Match fixing considering it’s Italy

Who knows; but last season is what has people gassed.... There's been minimal hype about him this season.

I dunno what the eye test says; but I've asked on a few occasions here how he's been playing this season and despite being routinely name-check in the above such conversations; no-one with a recurring hunger for him has piped up and vouched for his performances levels for this season.

Anyone here watch much Serie A? If so; the floor is yours......

Who knows; but last season is what has people gassed.... There's been minimal hype about him this season.

I dunno what the eye test says; but I've asked on a few occasions here how he's been playing this season and despite being routinely name-check in the above such conversations; no-one with a recurring hunger for him has piped up and vouched for his performances levels for this season.

Anyone here watch much Serie A? If so; the floor is yours......
I watch a lot of Italian football and he’s still their best player. He’s scored 9 goals in the league this season and is a bit better than one goal in three winger. He’s always a threat in every game I’ve seen him. Politano on the other side is also very good but doesn’t score as many.

I watch a lot of Italian football and he’s still their best player. He’s scored 9 goals in the league this season and is a bit better than one goal in three winger. He’s always a threat in every game I’ve seen him. Politano on the other side is also very good but doesn’t score as many.

.....And zero in 7 in the CL (which at it's best is a level more akin to the EPL; which is of course tougher than Ser.A).

Kvara: 15 G&A / 2751 mins all comps = 1 x G&A per 183mins.
BJ: 9 G&A / 1527mins all comps = 1 x G&A per 169mins.

......By all means add further context; but the talk round here is of "serious" upgrades and marquee signings to "take us up a level". Doesn't feel like a dead cert. to me... Esp. at 70/80m+.

.....And zero in 7 in the CL (which at it's best is a level more akin to the EPL; which is of course tougher than Ser.A).

Kvara: 15 G&A / 2751 mins all comps = 1 x G&A per 183mins.
BJ: 9 G&A / 1527mins all comps = 1 x G&A per 169mins.

......By all means add further context; but the talk round here is of "serious" upgrades and marquee signings to "take us up a level". Doesn't feel like a dead cert. to me... Esp. at 70/80m+.
He excites me when I watch him. I can only judge him on what I see most weeks. Last season he was incredible and even though he’s not playing at that level this season due to Napoli being well of it but he’s still producing for them. I think he’s a massive upgrade on Werner or even Sonny as wide left player now.
The assist stat can be false because he does so much work as in a creative force but might not make that final pass for the assist. He’s one of these wingers who wants to get at the full back every time he gets it and can go inside and outside.
There’s 4 players in Italy that I’d love us to sign and it’s him,Vlahovic, and Scalvini. In my eyes they stand out most times I see them.

Back
Top Bottom