Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I;d take Eze in a heartbeat... he's exactly what we need.
He's 1st team ready, and would add depth and quality to the squad, he's perfect for both, and provides a dribbling ability (and set piece/free-kicks) that we just don't have right now... barring Maddison perhaps.

Leao and Kvara are the type of level we need.

Star quality player.

Hmm Krava probably but you overrate Leao massively, he's been complete fluff this season.

Both are names at this point though, they're not on the level of Kane or Son who I consider world class as they are both consistent and can win games by themselves.

Players like Vinicius is a world class operator but to a lesser extent Rodrygo and Sane are pushing that bracket.

Last edited:
I;d take Eze in a heartbeat... he's exactly what we need.
He's 1st team ready, and would add depth and quality to the squad, he's perfect for both, and provides a dribbling ability (and set piece/free-kicks) that we just don't have right now... barring Maddison perhaps.

He didn’t stand out to me much on Saturday. However, playing in such a defensive line up isn’t going to help him flourish.

Yeah Neto just an example but he's more than good enough to start for us.

Eze - Assuming that the club are looking for wingers then they're probably looking at him to play on the wing, his dribbling is elite
Yeah. I would have both Neto and Eze starting. With Son in the middle. That is a good front three. Richie as back up to Son. Werner, Johnson and Kulu as back up to Eze and Neto. Eze and Kulu also capable of playing back up to Madders. In this situation we can offload Gill, Solomon, and Lo Celso.

Hmm Krava probably but you overrate Leao massively, he's been complete fluff this season.

Both are names at this point though, they're not on the level of Kane or Son who I consider world class as they are both consistent and can wing games by themselves.

Players like Vinicius is a world class operator but to a lesser extent Rodrygo and Sane are pushing that bracket.
If Mbappe forces Rodrygo out that’s who we should move heaven and earth for.

Yeah. I would have both Neto and Eze starting. With Son in the middle. That is a good front three. Richie as back up to Son. Werner, Johnson and Kulu as back up to Eze and Neto. Eze and Kulu also capable of playing back up to Madders. In this situation we can offload Gill, Solomon, and Lo Celso.
...blimey, he's only been here 5 minutes... at least give him HALF a season!
(seeing as we're unlikely to get BOTH Neto AND Eze... If either at all!)

Were you at the game or just watch MOTD?
I was there mate, and plenty of people around me begrudgingly acknowledged his goal when it went in, as both inevitable, and something we could perhaps do with ourselves next season!

Not saying say he's gonna rip the league apart, but he could certainly be the difference in games where we need a touch of class from a set piece or free kick (which is something we've been sorely lacking this season!) A James Ward-Prowse upgrade if you will!!! (but not just a one-trick pony like JWP!!)

He might not be quite as good as either, hard to say, but I would be just as pleased signing Eze as the likes of Leao and the Georgian bloke from Napoli who's name is similar to my Wi-fi password. Eze has already proven he can do the business in the Premier League. Already adapted to living in London. You're obviously never sure how foreign players will adapt, how long it might take them. But these are all the type of players we need to help us continue progressing.

Back
Top Bottom