Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
We've taken good steps this summer in rebuilding a team that was stale for years.

Practically a whole new back five within the last 12 months. Basically a new midfield when you consider Bissouma and Sarrs lack of game time next season.

It's a shame we couldn't add to that but our squad is going to look even more different come next summer. Let's hope we can have a relatively injury free season and continue to move forward in the right direction.
Agree. The key is to get those those other additions in while the current crop of top talent is still in their prime, not 4 years after they're past their best.

Imagine these are really the new Lloris, Eriksen, Rose etc. but for the next 5 years we're struggling for proper CB depth, a real striker etc. and these lot age out and we have to start all over again. Unfortunately, I think that's the most likely scenario.

4. Because Maddison, Vicario, VDV and Johnson will probably play a lot of first team football now.

For about the 4th year on a row it's been an absolute fucking car crash in terms of outs. We are absolutely hopeless at selling players. We need to he ruthless. We need to leak stories to get teams interested. There's no way on earth are they simply unbuyable compared to other teams players. We're just not doing the right things to move them on.

I’d say 4/10

Positives:

- Maddison - by far our biggest positive

- Other signings mostly decent or decentish

- Some player like Winks off and fair play to Winks for taking the chance

Negatives

- sold Kane one of our best ever players and one of the world best players which while understandable requires exceptional purchases to cover.

- to much deadwood remaining.

- no decent backup CB meaning we have to pray Romero and VDV never get injured unless we want Sanchez and Dier in.

The shall we say mixed transfer window itself is offset by the impact of Ange though which is a positive.

If we get a backup CB I will up rate to 6/10. Had we got Gallagher as well I’d have given it an 8/10 as it would have provided a lot of depth.

Me too. Was told I was getting made redundant back at the end of March and had to work out the rest of my contract.

Sure. Make that happen.

:levylol:

Admittedly, I'm no athlete in the prime of their career but if you have kids and have any kind of passing interest, it's really not that hard.
I guess you're not working very hard after that news, I know I wouldn't.

4/10 for me, dependent on how Veliz Johnson and Phillips work could go as high as a 5.
Doesn't look like Ange is keen to give Veliz a proper chance. Maybe be he'll be forced to do so if/when Richy is still stinking out the place in a few months and Dier/Sanchez prove themselves to be who we always knew they were.

Ange has been pretty straightforward about the squad so far.

He knows Diers shit and Sanchez has his limitations. He knows our backup CBs are shaky and he still went with Johnson instead of a CB.

Maybe he has a contingency plan for CB that we don’t know about. I’ll wait until we have a CB injury and dier is playing until melting.

Some player like Winks off and fair play to Winks for taking the chance
Should be said more. Winks in the end proved to be more ambitious than these other cunts. Even took a move to the championship, where he appears to be absolutely bossing it.

Should be said more. Winks in the end proved to be more ambitious than these other cunts. Even took a move to the championship, where he appears to be absolutely bossing it.

Yeh fair play to him compared to Dier and Ndombele. Knows he might not be our level but wants to fight for his career, cant knock that.

Back
Top Bottom