Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Its more so because the shit stubborn players wont leave nobody else will come in im sure we had targets as said by reports if playes did leave its 50 - 50 of shit by the club and cunty players who dont want to play the game they are suppose to love. And basically the back up center back would be the kid from blackburn we got if needed. Phillips i think

Assuming we’re done, my thoughts on the window:

I said at the beginning of the window that it would be unacceptable to complete the window with a striker who scored 1 EPL goal last season.

Therefore, this has been an unacceptable window.

All the good work done at the beginning has been undone by ownership’s refusal to invest in a striker and a second high-line able center back, despite having the entire summer to do so.

The mismanagement of the squad from 2019 forward and the neglect of our own academy has put us in a position which will only clear itself up by terminating contracts and allowing players to run down their contracts. It will probably take another two or three (good-excellent) windows to put right.
Hopefully, there are two or three home-grown (club-trained) options that will help in the medium(-long term).

With Udogie, Vicario, vdV, Maddison and the emergence of Bissouma and Sarr along with fewer games, I think we’ll be better this year than last if we avoid injuries and get anything out of the forward line.
Fully Agree!

Despite signing really good players, they managed to find a way to completely neglect key areas and leave another manager short.

The team looks much better and the manager looks like he knows what he’s doing. The board are a scam.

Good player, would be excellent in a high line. Won’t happen.
Seen some report that they were looking for 40-50m for him. Personally think he's a talented player, would be v interested in loan with option to buy for 25-30

If I were to put a positive spin on this window (runs for cover), I will say that not many teams that are even in Europe have quality back up CB's. Granted ours are shite and have been at the club far too long, but we're not in Europe. Obviously we're desperately hoping Romero and VDV don't get injured or suspended (unlikely) but we have made some progress.

Shifting the crap has been our biggest issue, and honestly that is largely down to clubs simply not being arsed to try and negotiate with Levy.

Far from a great window, but also not a total disaster. Assuming of course we evaluate in January and then crucially next summer when we are hopefully back in Europe.

Levy's a cunt. Maddison's fully COYS.

Up the fucking Spurs.
Even having Lenglet back on loan would have been better, seems Levy isn’t bothered.

Well, Sanchez and Dier are off next summer regardless. So you'd hope we get proper centre back then (or atleast January when we try get a fee for either of them).

It's also important that we got our average age down.
Of course, those two will be out regardless, but I think Levy will try to buy a couple of Nkoudu, Njie, Janssen types, until we're again faced with a sudden need to replace key players like Maddison and Bissouma.

- Winks and maybe Tanganga the only deadwood out permanently.

- Maddison great signing, luckily VDV is seemingly settling in quickly, Vicario looks decent too. Solomon seems like he isn’t even rated better than Perisic. Johnson seems like an overpay but we will have to see him play first.

- Baffling how we needed a minimum of two new CBs and only got one, and even worse that the defenders responsible for the 80+ goals conceded last season are still here, as well as Lloris.

3/10 window for me. The club basically did nothing from late June until these last few days

Edit: Chalobah would bring it to a 4, if Johnson settles in quickly, 5

Shame because vicario Udogie vdv and Maddison. Improve us but losing Kane obviously a big negative

Needed a new cb and striker for me - the fact that lloris dier and ndombele are still on the pay roll is distressing and looks bad on them as much as levy - we are one injury away from struggling to get top 10

Back
Top Bottom