Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
We aren't accustomed to how few fixtures we actually have to fulfill until January, that much is true.

But of course, I have a bridge to sell you if you think we'll have any reinforcements through the door before Bissouma and Sarr have to leave for AFCON in early January.
Oh granted. We'll likely do feck all in January.

5/10 for me due to not getting a rotation CB. Everything else was alright but if you can’t even do the bare minimum then it can’t be more than a 5.

Top 6 this season most likely if we don’t have bad luck with injuries which is alright.

Agree. The key is to get those those other additions in while the current crop of top talent is still in their prime, not 4 years after they're past their best.

Imagine these are really the new Lloris, Eriksen, Rose etc. but for the next 5 years we're struggling for proper CB depth, a real striker etc. and these lot age out and we have to start all over again. Unfortunately, I think that's the most likely scenario.

Well, Sanchez and Dier are off next summer regardless. So you'd hope we get proper centre back then (or atleast January when we try get a fee for either of them).

It's also important that we got our average age down.

I've long suspected that despite being multilingual, Eric Dier just ain't very bright.
And I think he's proven it beyond all doubt today.
If he thinks he'll score a tastey move next year because his contract has ran out, he must be as dim as you like. No-one will want a player who has barely kicked a ball all season and possibly barely even trained. He'd have been better off signing a 2 year deal anywhere and hope to sort himself out and hope to score a move to a graveyard like Saudi in 2 years.

Blokes a joke and I genuinely hope we fully leave him out of the 25 to prove a point. Pick an extra keeper or something.

5 out of 10 for me. Optimistic for some of the incomings, but losing arguably the best striker there is and not using that money to strengthen in other needy areas or to look for a quality centre forward is just unforgivable...

View: https://x.com/thespurswatch/status/1697684231596486890?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Bullshit.

Ange maybe wanted to do these 2 deals.

Levy dragged out the Johnson deal knowing full well he had no intent to do anything else.

Letting Hoj, Dier or Sanchez go would have cost him more in the player coming in to replace them.

Another manager left with the same deadwood Sanchez and Dier at CB that killed off the last 3 managers.

Maybe Levy can keep the nostalgia vibe going and sack Ange at half time against Burnley

Back
Top Bottom