Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, so much for the so called "leaders" and "warriors" Højbjerg and Dier, who were praised for their attitudes, but now they don't seem to want to play football and are showing little or no ambition :disdain:

Wait a second. I miscounted. 17 non-HGP born before 1 January 2002

1. Vicario
2. Sanchez
3. Royal
4. Romero
5. Porro
6. Van de Ven
7. Hojbjerg
8. Bissouma
9. Lo Celso
10. Bentancur
11. Son
12. Richarlison
13. Gil
14. Perisic
15. Kulusevski
16. Solomon

There's a spot for Dier.

Fuck!

I'd probably rate the window between 4 and 5 out of 10.

We've made some real good young signings in Vicario and Van de Ven, added in much needed creativity in Maddison and we'll see how Johnson pans out but we have left ourselves a little lacking in depth for Bissouma and at centre back, I'd say.

It's one of those windows that in isolation is lowly rated but in the long run may have been an important one in our rebuild.
If we'd signed players like Vicario, Udogie, Van Den Ven, Maddison in 2019, we'd be absolutely over the moon, one of the best windows ever.

Direct, quality replacement for Rose, Lloris replacement who can kick, Jan replacement with pace, Eriksen replacement who can dribble. What a fantastic collection of players.

Unfortunately, we have now lost Kane, Son doesn't look half the player he was, Kulu is no Dele etc. So these great signings are merely keeping us afloat in the top 4/top 6 "race".

Tbh I think we will pay off his contract and terminate him. Will be ridiculous having a player for a season not playing. Pay him off and let him go. Think we did the same with Adebayor a few years back.
Well then he'll win, get what he wanted. Pay him off efter the January window is closed.

I genuinely can't believe we haven't bought a centre back. VDV is nice and all but if either him or Romero go down injured for a month we are gonna be on the wrong end of some real pastings. Hope we revisit that position in Jan.
4/10

9 out of 10 window!

in all seriousness , i'd give it a 5 and thats being kind , anyone going higher than 5 are either on the club payroll , clinically insane or just plain trolling

Well I was convinced all day it would be Johnson and that’s it. My view on what we’ve done - 5/10

Keeper - early days
VDV - Looks very good
Maddison - pure class, our Best Buy in years
Solomon - it’s a free, can’t grumble
Phillips and Veliz - fingers crossed at least one makes it
Brennan - I actually like him and think he is a tad underrated

Squad balance - faaaacking awful, we’re a CB injury away from a nightmare. If Udogie goes down we’re in the shit and Royal and Porro could not be more different.

Midfield - our most complete midfield options since the Poch golden age

Attack - poverty, absolute poverty. A load of 5/6 goals a season players unless Son finds his form again. Johnson though will give us better balance up there so maybe we will improve
Can't disagree with any of this.

If we'd signed players like Vicario, Udogie, Van Den Ven, Maddison in 2019, we'd be absolutely over the moon, one of the best windows ever.

Direct, quality replacement for Rose, Lloris replacement who can kick, Jan replacement with pace, Eriksen replacement who can dribble. What a fantastic collection of players.

Unfortunately, we have now lost Kane, Son doesn't look half the player he was, Kulu is no Dele etc. So these great signings are merely keeping us afloat in the top 4/top 6 "race".

We've taken good steps this summer in rebuilding a team that was stale for years.

Practically a whole new back five within the last 12 months. Basically a new midfield when you consider Bissouma and Sarrs lack of game time last season.

It's a shame we couldn't add to that but our squad is going to look even more different come next summer. Let's hope we can have a relatively injury free season and continue to move forward in the right direction.

I'll keep my vote until the window shuts. I'm convinced there's gonna be some big last minute statement signings.
Even I don't think Levy would leave us this woefully short after banking that Kane money
GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Back
Top Bottom