Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cheese room is just a synecdoche for all the frou-frou bs that has nothing to do with footballing yet has seemingly been given higher priority than it.

I'm tired of hearing about it too- because it has nothing to do with footballing whatsoever.

That stuff has everything to do with football. The luxury prawn sandwich stuff is meant to raise the financial level of the club to where we can compete with the elite in wages and transfer dealings.

And yet...

As opposed to Liverpools B team of:

Karius
Clyne matip klavan moreno
Wijnaldum Milner grujic
Shaqiri solanke sturridge

Or man utds B team

Romero
Darmian Jones rojo shaw
Mctominay fellaini
Mata Lingard martial
Rashford

Or Chelsea B team of

Caballero
Moses Christensen cahill emerson
Barkley Bakayoko fabregas
Willian Giroud hudson-odoi

That's just names mate. No thought to motivation of the players who are routinely 2nd.

Mentality, options and quality are my key requirements in our squad.

Have we done enough to bridge the gap by standing still?

Can agree on that....

We're in for a serene couple of days (at least)....

Guarantee you the first time we drop points this season the bitch-fest will really truly find top gear and people will unload in full... In the meantime it'll be some weird scenario like Xmas day footy on the Somme.

The nightmare scenario would be taking a hiding at the hands of Liverpool in the new stadium debut with Sissoko and Amos or something getting spun in circles in midfield.

Biggest worry is, every wobble we go through, the media's going on jump on how the transfer window was handled. More articles of our players looking to leave, the whole fan atmosphere is going to be toxic for a while.

X-amount of the fan-base will be all over it the first chance they get too, sadly.

On a positive note, I think we'll rise to the challenge tho'.

Spurs’ marquee signing finally revealed:

bce92ad6ccbfb8e5890d87b41a5f9337.gif

Cheese room is just a synecdoche for all the frou-frou bs that has nothing to do with footballing yet has seemingly been given higher priority than it.

I'm tired of hearing about it too- because it has nothing to do with footballing whatsoever.
If we were gonna spend £50m on CHEESE I'd be worried... but I'm willing to bet that ANY money ever generated from player sales would NEVER be allocated for cheese...
Even on Levys watch!

Not being prepared to raise our offer to £30m had nothing to do with a trawler of brie being delivered!

That stuff has everything to do with football. The luxury prawn sandwich stuff is meant to raise the financial level of the club to where we can compete with the elite.

And yet...

LEVY: "Alright esteemed THFC board- I'm pleased to report we've sold over 1.5 million prawn sandwiches and 200 metric tons of cheese this past year- our coffers are overflowing with cash, the club has taken record profits. We can finally compete in the champions league..."

The nightmare scenario would be taking a hiding at the hands of Liverpool in the new stadium debut with Sissoko and Amos or something getting spun in circles in midfield.

Imagine the same scenario with Liverpool's 'window-winning' MFs struggle to click with Klopp/PL football whilst Amos knocks the winner in off his arse and through Alisons legs.

COYS!

Footballs back.... Thanks fuck.

If you believe we actually made bids then we did want to buy but our targets were not available at the price we were prepared to pay. Poch said something about if you have a squad of 25 that it is difficult to add to it. That appears the problem, unless we got rid of a foreign based player we could only buy Home trained and there was no one available at the right price that we wanted. With so much money in the Premiership now teams can reject even massive offers and keep their stars even if they wanted to go. We were not prepared to buy before we sell as we did last year with Llorente which pushed out Janssen.
As I said previously not buying or selling was not the plan.
Worried about the start with injuries and WC hangovers but expect once we get going to be up there competing. Not going to make prediction for top 4 but it will be close.
Disappointed at outcome but we can still continue to defy the odds and get top 4 and maybe with a bit of luck win a domestic cup.

So a big part of any improvement such that it is will fall on Pochettino's lap I feel. He now needs to get 1 or 2% more out of the wholw squad.

He has his flaws.

Game management and use of squad are two important ones that if he improves this year, could be key for us.

LEVY: "Alright esteemed THFC board- I'm pleased to report we've sold over 1.5 million prawn sandwiches and 200 metric tons of cheese this past year- our coffers are overflowing with cash, the club has taken record profits. We can finally sell this fucking club.

EDIT

Back
Top Bottom