Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Irrelevant what you think of the player, but you can't honestly imagine Poch (pardon the expression, but) getting a hard-on over a 20 something player with plenty of game-time under their belt if he sees something particular in them?

...The original question is there if you care to engage with it tho'.
villa will not sell to us, it's not about jack. he's talented no doubt

The burden of proof doesn't fall on me. I'm not making a claim. I know we make profit overall.

But I'm talking about those that have said THIS WINDOW has been all about.makong profit.

That cannot be said, nor proven. We made huge outlays on Poch and Kane especially.

I agree- I don't think it could be easily proven that the window was "all about profits".
And more importantly, no one here has conclusively done so.

I guess it’s the curse of 24/7 rolling news.

Every second we can be dragged into it whereas in truth all we should ever read of the official site.

Luckily they still have Rudiger and Luiz in defence and Morata up top.

Let's see how that midfield performs first shall we? Jorginho was bossed by an 18 year old Phil Foden at the weekend. I remember Chelsea fans saying Bakayoko was the bollocks last season before he played a game.

Like I said, I still back us to finish 4th over the chavs but I have slightly less confidence about that since Kovacic signed. I think that's a perfectly reasonable thing to say, no?

It looks good untill you do a A team B team - So A Team has to play a lot if we are to win anything this season and they all have to be fit, again all season.

The A team. This is the team and formation I think Poch will want to play (and I still think there is a big chance Rose and Toby will go abroad before end of August so haven't included them, and if they do not go, will they give 100% knowing they both wanted to leave?)

Hugo
Aurier Sanchez Verts Davies
Dier Wanyama
Son, Alli, Eriksen,
Kane

B Team

Vorm
Trippier CCV Dier KWP
Dembele Winks
Lucas, lamela, Sissoko,
Llorente

As opposed to Liverpools B team of:

Karius
Clyne matip klavan moreno
Wijnaldum Milner grujic
Shaqiri solanke sturridge

Or man utds B team

Romero
Darmian Jones rojo shaw
Mctominay fellaini
Mata Lingard martial
Rashford

Or Chelsea B team of

Caballero
Moses Christensen cahill emerson
Barkley Bakayoko fabregas
Willian Giroud hudson-odoi

The Cheese Room is just a symbol tho, it could be the Tunnel Club or Oyster Bar or whatever other flim-flammery you will never, ever get to see. Money was no object there, no expense spared for the corporates.

98% of proper fans have no interest in cheese or oysters or Michelin-starred restaurants when they go to football. A good view, reasonable toilets, maybe a pint before or at half time is all anyone wants.

Yet where it really matters, the team, suddenly to dare was too dear. We couldn't find the extra £9 million for Brozović, the extra £5 million for Jack fucking Grealish who we've been flirting with for a couple of months, mainly because we thought we could exploit Villa's problems and get him on the cheap.

The only explanation I can think of, other that it was just a monumental fuck-up by all concerned, is that there's a hole in the financing for the stadium (and there have been vague rumours to this end), and we simply didn't have the dosh.

In which case, given the vast sums people are being asked to shell out - the mst expensive ticket prices in world sport was it? - the fans should be told

I do agree with you on the point that the average fan doesn’t care about a cheese room.

However I don’t believe their is any correlation to us spending on a cheese room and all the other corporate nonsense but not signing any players.

The team is what matters most to all of us and for what it’s worth I’m frustrated as anyone at our lack of ambition in this window.

I’m just sick of hearing about the fucking cheese room

I’ve been out of action for a couple of months. Good to be back. Gonna read back all the way through this thread and slowly enjoy seeing who we signed over the summer. No spoilers please. I’ve got a crate of beer and a double crate of time. I normally love transfer windows so this is going to be good. My aim is to finish by 12pm Saturday so as to acquaint myself with our new stars before KO. See you on the other side.

:pochohshit:

Back
Top Bottom