Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

YqoCimXiuHI8LkbarLcI10SSgZTBS2fFgTnQeAigfxo.jpg

:dembelelol::levylol::sonhmm:

:dembelelol:
Cardiff and Huddersfield spent more than us!

giphy.gif

So this has been a fun way to pass the time in work.

I wanted some signings - didn't get them. We have to accept that it not a case of going out and choosing who we want - the selling clubs are entitled to play hardball. In that situation we've always known Levy & Poch won't be held to ransom. I respect that. It is what stops the club struggling in the future.

Now it's about hope.

Hope...we don't get too many major injuries.
Hope...some stars shine brighter than they have previously.
Hope...that all the other new signings destabilise other teams.

We can do this! COYS!

It looks good untill you do a A team B team - So A Team has to play a lot if we are to win anything this season and they all have to be fit, again all season.

The A team. This is the team and formation I think Poch will want to play (and I still think there is a big chance Rose and Toby will go abroad before end of August so haven't included them, and if they do not go, will they give 100% knowing they both wanted to leave?)

Hugo
Aurier Sanchez Verts Davies
Dier Wanyama
Son, Alli, Eriksen,
Kane

B Team

Vorm
Trippier CCV Dier KWP
Dembele Winks
Lucas, lamela, Sissoko,
Llorente

Dier is going to be busy playing for both sides

Seriously Wanyama would be in the B until he proves his fitness

Well, it would depend on the contracts and transfer fee payment structure, but, yea, all that money that could have been used on transfers can now be put into the financial markets to earn some interest, or pay down loans early, which basically amounts to the same thing.

Money being fungible, yea, I'd say there is potentially profits that can be taken now.
We'd have to examine the clubs financial reports in greater detail to be sure of course, but to say outright that the club can't have made a profit because of new contracts despite the huge increase in TV money is a bit ridiculous.

I'm not one that said the club is all about profits, mind you, but I am mindful that the club is being run with idea that it could be a very profitable asset to sell one day.
The burden of proof doesn't fall on me. I'm not making a claim. I know we make profit overall.

But I'm talking about those that have said THIS WINDOW has been all about.makong profit.

That cannot be said, nor proven. We made huge outlays on Poch and Kane especially.

I might be wrong, but I don't think anyone has actually said this. I think everyone - including Pochettino - wanted and expected us to strengthen the squad. The difference between the two 'camps' is the response to our failure to do so. Some - again, including Pochettino - believe we still have a great squad, other think we've fallen (dangerously?) behind our rivals.
We all want to strengthen our team and improve yer on year but sometimes what you want isn't what you get, at least that's what the wife tells me!

grealish is barkley 2.0

Irrelevant what you think of the player, but you can't honestly imagine Poch (pardon the expression, but) getting a hard-on over a 20 something player with plenty of game-time under their belt if he sees something particular in them?

...The original question is there if you care to engage with it tho'.

71 posts in 4 years ladies and gents: I bring you snowkarl snowkarl a poster we should all take very very seriously...:pocheyes:

There's really no correlation between logical-ness of arguments and post count.
I get it though, it's annoying to some people when posters seemingly come out of the woodwork to voice displeasure.
Anyways, as conversation is the lifeblood of this forum, I'm glad all these posters are posting rather than not.

Back
Top Bottom