Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic as fuck. But what formation did City play? I saw their team sheet, looked a mess of players.

They played, the "squeeze everyone in and hope it works out" formation.......didnt look great but there is still a couple weeks to improve the squad. Need at least half a billion more on the bench to outwit those pesky Champo teams

And I chose the Son videos specifically to show he has a massive set of skills.

It really is simple, if Martial has a better skill set, show me a better compilation of his skill set.

Oh dont tell me, no one made one...Ive watched Son, and Ive rarely seen anything from Martial that would make me swap them.
You have posted one clip.....one clip as proof Martial has better skills, yet mock three videos which refute that.

Do you know what skills are? It doesnt just mean "he took on Vertonghen and Toby the missed a sitter at the end"
If you really want a compilation....

Off topic as fuck. But what formation did City play? I saw their team sheet, looked a mess of players.
Looks like they are trying to sort out the defensive problem by playing 3 CB's.
It was Kompany. Stones & otamendi yesterday with walker & danilo as wing backs. Fernandinho as holding midfielder & silva CM. Aguero upfront & then it just looked liked KDB & jesus had licence to roam & interchange.

Brighton were absolutely terrible - you can't judge City on that performance. Brighton literally looked frightened.
Brighton's keeper was awful. Speaking of keepers, city's new keeper was rarely tested so we don't know how good he will be yet either.

Brighton were absolutely terrible - you can't judge City on that performance. Brighton literally looked frightened.
I actually thought they looked good in that game. The scoreline flattered Brighton somewhat who only had a good 5 minutes. Danilo was played completely out of position. Walker was involved throughout, especially offensively, so I am not sure why people have said he was barely involved. Jesus and Aguero were wasteful. Aguero has actually always been wasteful. He also very rarely creates his own chances. OptaJoe just released a stat that says he only scores what is expected. For comparison, Kane scored 10 more than expected (based on chances). They should have been 2-0 up before half-time. I agree, Brighton looked utter woe. They could barely string two passes together.

I actually thought they looked good in that game. The scoreline flattered Brighton somewhat who only had a good 5 minutes. Danilo was played completely out of position. Walker was involved throughout, especially offensively, so I am not sure why people have said he was barely involved. Jesus and Aguero were wasteful. Aguero has actually always been wasteful. He also very rarely creates his own chances. OptaJoe just released a stat that says he only scores what is expected. For comparison, Kane scored 10 more than expected (based on chances). They should have been 2-0 up before half-time. I agree, Brighton looked utter woe. They could barely string two passes together.
Walker played well but we have to pretend he didn't because we sold him. Same with pretending trippier is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom