Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And how do we pursued him? :harryhmm:
f85.gif

Who: Trix
Where: SC

A few bits from Sunday....

We are looking to do business early to avoid the inevitable Premier league bidding frenzy, that will inevitably kick in as soon as clubs know their bargaining positions. Batshuai is looking very positive. We are very keen, and the player wants to come, so this is very much a case of watch this space.

Outfoings. MP is very happy with the squad and also what is happening at youth level, and barring the two out on loan we are not looking to actively move anyone else on, doesn't mean those on the periphery won't be allowed to leave if a good bid comes in. Plenty of work ongoing regarding contract renewals, but agents know CL gives a stronger position for negotiation, so I'd expect once we are confirmed these will start seeing a few more extensions go through.

All in all we will be fairly quiet, especially compared to those around us. IMO this is a great sign of where we are as a collective.

#ITK

We can do better than Kirchoff. I think we should definitely get rid of Carroll and I wouldn't be against letting Chadli leave but he's a decent cover at a lot of positions tbh.

Witsel would be amazing. He's not happy at Zenit and he's another Belgian to add to the four we already have. This is the level of player we should be targeting if we want to sustain title challenges. Obviously another forward is needed to back up Kane and it'll be interesting to see who we go for since I really believe our club is as attractive as it has ever been with a young squad/manager already succeeding and on an upwards trajectory.

We are looking to do business early to avoid the inevitable Premier league bidding frenzy, that will inevitably kick in as soon as clubs know their bargaining positions. Batshuai is looking very positive. We are very keen, and the player wants to come, so this is very much a case of watch this space.

Outfoings. MP is very happy with the squad and also what is happening at youth level, and barring the two out on loan we are not looking to actively move anyone else on, doesn't mean those on the periphery won't be allowed to leave if a good bid comes in. Plenty of work ongoing regarding contract renewals, but agents know CL gives a stronger position for negotiation, so I'd expect once we are confirmed these will start seeing a few more extensions go through.

All in all we will be fairly quiet, especially compared to those around us. IMO this is a great sign of where we are as a collective.

#ITK
And so the bollocks begins.

:bentley:

#ITK
Fuck me, it's this time of year already?

Like the swallows returning, or the leaves coming back on the trees, the rumour mill is whirring back into motion.

I'll prepare my body for the eventual 'blurry photo of the a guy who kinda looks like Batshuayi from behind at an airport' and testimony of 'my mate who was on Joe Lewis's boat'.

To be fair, the guy on reddit who liveblogged himself overhearing Daniel Levy while sat in a hotel bar was hilarious.

#ITK
Has this Trix guy ever got anything right? Why do we bother with these muppets? Obviously we'll be doing business early, that's literally one of the first things Poch said last summer

Lickher Lickher l know you find a lot of things funny, but would you care to explain how Real have gone backwards with Bale, and we have gone forwards without him? Surely you're not one of those fans who thinks that spectacular shots from outside the box make a football team? No, you couldn't be that predictable, could you? We are, indisputably, a better team without him. There is nothing you can say to refute that.

Last edited:
Lickher Lickher l know you find a lot of things funny, but would you care to explain how Real have gone backwards with Bale, and we have gone forwards without him? Surely you're not one of those fans who thinks that spectacular shots from outside the box make a football team? No, you couldn't be that predictable, could you? We are, indisputably, a better team without him. There is nothing you can say to refute that.
I think we're a better team now without him, than we were when we had him. But they're not causal. Bale's leaving hasn't caused us to be a better team. I know you didn't mean it like that.
Pochettino made Lovren into a decent footballer. Imagine what he could do with Bale. There is no doubt in my mind, that if we had Bale this season, we'd have the league sewn up.

I think we're a better team now without him, than we were when we had him. But they're not causal. Bale's leaving hasn't caused us to be a better team. I know you didn't mean it like that.
Pochettino made Lovren into a decent footballer. Imagine what he could do with Bale. There is no doubt in my mind, that if we had Bale this season, we'd have the league sewn up.
If we had Kevin de Bruyne, we'd definitely have the league sewn up.

Probably fit better into our system than Bale tbh...
:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom