Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So much bullshit regarding Brexit. Embarrassing how many people are having a tantrum because their side didn't win. "We lost, it's not fair, so (Enter threat)".

Yeah, in 2-3 years you pleb. And even if the work permit for many players was scrapped, Eriksen is an international and so will be allowed in without issue.

So much bullshit regarding Brexit. Embarrassing how many people are having a tantrum because their side didn't win. "We lost, it's not fair, so (Enter threat)".
Or.... It could be that those in the leave category don't understand the potential extent of or didn't think about other consequences of the decision.

Or.... It could be that those in the leave category don't understand the potential extent of or didn't think about other consequences of the decision.

Yes, 52% of the country are idiots and vote with no information. Case in point of, "You don't agree, so you're dumb and don't understand". Let it go.

Brexit will barely effect football in the present, any agent saying it will is looking for more money from Eriksens renewal of his contract as the pound is worth slightly less. That's it.

But of course I don't understand these things, so what do I know =)

Yeah, in 2-3 years you pleb. And even if the work permit for many players was scrapped, Eriksen is an international and so will be allowed in without issue.

Yeah not even the slightest bit worried.

Yes, 52% of the country are idiots and vote with no information. Case in point of, "You don't agree, so you're dumb and don't understand". Let it go.

Brexit will barely effect football in the present, any agent saying it will is looking for more money from Eriksens renewal of his contract as the pound is worth slightly less. That's it.

But of course I don't understand these things, so what do I know =)

I never said that they were idiots or dumb, just suggesting that they are possibly short-sighted. There are going to be real-world economic consequences because of this move. Whether people feel that the positives still outweigh the negatives, that's going to be subjective until this continues to unfold.

It's equally as faulty to say the sky is falling all due to Brexit as it is to pretend that that any and all concerns because of it are just fear-mongering.

I don't know the consequences, or what will happen in 2019. But getting a work permit from a non EU country is quite difficult as it is right now. Don't know if it will change, or how it's going to be though.

Edit: For footballers..

20,000,000 is alot for someone who will come and be we second choice as doesn't seem to able to play on the wing.

I don't think we'd pay anywhere near that to be honest.
Got to remember that it's in euros which is roughly 17m pounds. The club president also said that the offer was too far away from the asking price, which would indicate that he's open to offers below that

Luka Modric is not a strong athlete by any stretch of anyones imagination you moron. He would admit that himself, next you will be saying Messi is too lightweight. You're Gibbs 2.0 and frankly you're getting even more embarrassing than he was.
I'm sorry but Modric is an impressive athlete and he is strong for his size.
You shoulda gone to Specsavers I'm afraid. Football like rugby has evolved over the years and
the players are fitter and stronger now. Please keep up.

Back
Top Bottom