Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lazy as fuck:

Eric-Dier.jpg

Only one Englishman has ever played for Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga.

That was – of course – Canada-born former Wales youth international Owen Hargreaves.

Hargreaves spent seven seasons in Bayern’s senior team, winning four league titles, four domestic cups and one Champions League before joining Manchester United in 2007.

Anchoring the midfield was Owen’s thing. And he did it exceptionally well for England too.

The last of his 42 caps came in 2008 and, since then, the Three Lions have struggled to replace him.

Until now, that is. In Tottenham Hotspur’s Eric Dier, England finally have the anchor man they have be longing for.

And, according to The Sunday People (via The Mirror), Bayern are now interested in the 22-year-old.

Dier only made his England debut in November last year, but, following a fine season for Spurs, he is one of the first names on Roy Hodgson’s team sheet.

His performances for club and country have seemingly not gone unnoticed in Germany.

The People report that former Sporting Lisbon youngster Dier has “attracted the attention” of Bayern bosses, who have now made “enquiries” after following his progress at Euro 2016.

What a bunch of cunts... Couldn't even beat Di Matteo's Chelsea FFS.

Of all the players we have, the one I'm least worried about leaving is Dier.

I can't see him going; his career has gone through the roof since moving here and he seems very humble. Just doesn't seem like the sort of character to Bale (Pun intended)

I can't see him going; his career has gone through the roof since moving here and he seems very humble. Just doesn't seem like the sort of character to Bale (Pun intended)
That's my impression too, but you never know nowadays. I say, if there's something that would keep him around it's Dele and vice versa. At least for the next couple of years.

I don't think Bayern want him now as well. They are just getting a detailed profile. He is not ready for them yet. Although I can see him going in a season or two.

"Don't know a lot about soccer"

Are you related to Scott by chance?

:sherwoodlol:
Well, if he is obsessed with me then I reckon he is related to you.
Find someone else to talk about & follow around please.
You sad weirdo.
You are on ignore now. So don't waste more of your time on me. & please stop standing outside my house staring in my bedroom window.
Find a new hobby.

To be honest, I never believed we'd actually go for Embolo. He was just another name linked, no solid evidence. I'd imagine it'll be either Janssen or Batshuayi.

Back
Top Bottom