Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know the consequences, or what will happen in 2019. But getting a work permit from a non EU country is quite difficult as it is right now. Don't know if it will change, or how it's going to be though.

Edit: For footballers..
But that might be due to EU regulations though...it could even be easier in future...

I'm actually kind of feeling weirdly confident about this window. New emotion

After Dier and Alli for a combined M11 I have this wonderful optimism about our recruitment staff from scouting up to and including Pochs ability to persuade Daniel to fork out. The miser in me even likes all the talk about how difficult it will be financially with the new stadium - selling clubs will expect to get more money out of Leicester or Stoke than us.

Hey guys, new to the board. Became a Spurs fan when Gareth Bale was back on the team, so I've only been a soccer fan for what, 3-4 years now? So bare with me please as I don't know a lot about soccer, but I think I know some.

My question now, with the Wanyama signing, who else are the Spurs interested in during this transfer window? I know a striker is at the top of the list, but don't know names from other leagues.

By the way, I absolutely love this Spurs team as they remind me of the Chicago Cubs (I'm from Illinois, but a White Sox fan). Young, hungry, and very, very talented.

Thanks for answering my question!

Hey guys, new to the board. Became a Spurs fan when Gareth Bale was back on the team, so I've only been a soccer fan for what, 3-4 years now? So bare with me please as I don't know a lot about soccer, but I think I know some.

My question now, with the Wanyama signing, who else are the Spurs interested in during this transfer window? I know a striker is at the top of the list, but don't know names from other leagues.

By the way, I absolutely love this Spurs team as they remind me of the Chicago Cubs (I'm from Illinois, but a White Sox fan). Young, hungry, and very, very talented.

You said the s-word....

giphy.gif

Read back a few pages...Janssen to Spurs was the big early thing, but people are getting nervous as days slip by with no signing. Batshuayi has been talked about for a while but not as much recently. Seems we'll end up with Sanabria from Roma.

Outside that, most seem content just to add another AM option maybe. I dunno, I'm #teampoch, giving zero fucks and expecting anonymous players to become household names.

:pochlol:

Another Illinois Spurs fan! Our numbers are slowly growing...

Just rumors at the moment, but we have been most recently linked to Vincent Janssen, Micha Batshuayi, and Antonio Sanabria, but it is important to take everything with a large grain of salt and understand that ITK'S are almost entirely full of shit.

West Ham edge closer to Tottenham target Batshuayi: Marseille must find £20m in 10 days

If it's true they require 20m before July 5th,can we counter West hams offer with a lower offer but better player wages to throw spanner in the works? E. G. Player wants us because CL, but club wants West ham because better offer, would they be forced to take the hit?
To be fair, it'd be better financially to just meet their bid than offer him better wages.

Those 100k per week wages he's asking for seem to be the main sticking point anyway.

"Don't know a lot about soccer"

Are you related to Scott by chance?

:sherwoodlol:

We're looking at Harry Redknapp with Tim Sherwood as his second, to replace Pochettino. There's rumours about us getting Nelsen, Saha and Pienaar on a free too.

Ithe feels so strange to go through a summer window KNOWING you don't really need any defensive help. Maybe as backup. MAYBE. but Lord, we're looking great now that we've got Wanyama. 2 strikers and maybe an attacking midfielder...wide perhaps....and sorted.

I don't really see the point of Lacazette. I doubt he'd accept being a backup, Poch's system doesn't use two strikers, and it seems like a waste to stick him out on the wings (especially since Eriksen or Lamela would have to make way).

I feel like these has been repeated a million times on here (by others as well as myself). But here we go again.

The vast majority of signings for top clubs with top players already there - like Kane - could be said to be signed as backups and will need to prove themselves. Very few players walk into a top team from day. Anyone we sign, should understand this. In the famous words of Poch: You sign for the club to train, and then the manager will decide if you play.

Have a look at Poch's system - as you claim to - and how he's played at Spurs so far, and you'll find that there's no specification that the system cannot have two strikers or a striker and a wing forward type.

I feel like these has been repeated a million times on here (by others as well as myself). But here we go again.

The vast majority of signings for top clubs with top players already there - like Kane - could be said to be signed as backups and will need to prove themselves. Very few players walk into a top team from day. Anyone we sign, should understand this. In the famous words of Poch: You sign for the club to train, and then the manager will decide if you play.

Have a look at Poch's system - as you claim to - and how he's played at Spurs so far, and you'll find that there's no specification that the system cannot have two strikers or a striker and a wing forward type.

True, but I don´t think it is necessary to invest that amount of money in him.

Janssen is the better and more viable option IMO.

Mkhitaryan

He'd see it as a step down though. We can pay his fee, sure, but he wouldn't move here and we wouldn't pay his wages. He'd want at least £100k.

The balance is finding good players who don't mind moving to us. That usually results in us needing younger players who haven't established themselves as world class I.e. Vincent Janseen.

Lazy as fuck:

Eric-Dier.jpg

Only one Englishman has ever played for Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga.

That was – of course – Canada-born former Wales youth international Owen Hargreaves.

Hargreaves spent seven seasons in Bayern’s senior team, winning four league titles, four domestic cups and one Champions League before joining Manchester United in 2007.

Anchoring the midfield was Owen’s thing. And he did it exceptionally well for England too.

The last of his 42 caps came in 2008 and, since then, the Three Lions have struggled to replace him.

Until now, that is. In Tottenham Hotspur’s Eric Dier, England finally have the anchor man they have be longing for.

And, according to The Sunday People (via The Mirror), Bayern are now interested in the 22-year-old.

Dier only made his England debut in November last year, but, following a fine season for Spurs, he is one of the first names on Roy Hodgson’s team sheet.

His performances for club and country have seemingly not gone unnoticed in Germany.

The People report that former Sporting Lisbon youngster Dier has “attracted the attention” of Bayern bosses, who have now made “enquiries” after following his progress at Euro 2016.

What a bunch of cunts... Couldn't even beat Di Matteo's Chelsea FFS.

Back
Top Bottom