Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

this whole zaha farce worries me
we are clearly short of ideas and scrambling around at the end of the window
if we sell son and replace with zaha then I honestly give up

Would anyone be surprised if we brought nobody else in and subject to loans paying out we break even on net spend (again) levy has even said the stadium won't affect player transfers so really it won't be a shock if we do the same as every other season

Would anyone be surprised if we brought nobody else in and subject to loans paying out we break even on net spend (again) levy has even said the stadium won't affect player transfers so really it won't be a shock if we do the same as every other season
I would be. I'm pretty confident that we have a couple lined up. I can't see us letting players go if not.

Why would that be an issue?

Even as Poch has said, it's difficult to improve our starting XI, so any additional players are likely to be backups, prospects, or other options.

Those kinds of players aren't marquee signings.

As a result, the one in one out makes sense, so maybe we are considering selling a Son to bring in a marquee player. If we ended up breaking even, that's a good thing - why should it be a measure of failure (like it is implied)?

Even as Poch has said, it's difficult to improve our starting XI, so any additional players are likely to be backups, prospects, or other options.

As a result, the one in one out makes sense, so maybe we are considering selling a Son to bring in a marquee player. If we ended up breaking even, that's a good thing - why should it be a measure of failure (like it is implied)?
People love pointing the finger though...must make them feel superior or something...

Where did I imply or state this is an issue?? I just asked a question based on our recent history, stop reading between the lines (there's nothing there)

I don't think it will happen, but I don't mind if zaha signs. He's a pacy impact player who could definitely be useful if we're chasing a game or not breaking a side down. He certainly fucked us up last year.
I've not exactly been blown away by any off the names mentioned this window, and we've signed what we really needed in a dm/st. The form of our key players is what matters.
Fucking 500 pages

Back
Top Bottom