Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are quotes from the press conference and have been, along with the fazio, Bentaleb Pritchard, happy at Spurs ((Argentina rumours) were on the news banners of SSN. Should be up again soon. I haven't heard it

Poch's actual quote was N'Jie picked up an injury and stayed behind. He doesn't say if he is in his plans or not when asked. He just repeats the injury line.

They are quotes from the press conference and have been, along with the fazio, Bentaleb Pritchard, happy at Spurs ((Argentina rumours) were on the news banners of SSN. Should be up again soon. I haven't heard it

He didn't say that at the presser. He only said that N'Jie was injured and that was the reason he hadn't travelled.

Nor have mason or carroll. Still here though.

I agree, but both have show more promise than any of the three you've mentioned.

Most of the Mason & Carroll hate stems from the Dortmund matches. There's no way around it, it was bad.

Both could play a part in a 4-3-3 or in a role in any of the 3 behind the striker. When they're moved deeper into the double pivot is when their weaknesses show. Carroll still has the ability to pick out a pass and unlock a D sitting back. Mason is great with runs into the box.

I agree. & that is what levy is aiming for.
Not titles.

If you think Daniel Levy doesn't want titles then you are mistaken. Of course he wants more money for the club and titles guarantees those extra funds, but unlike most people, he is more than capable of seeing that winning titles isn't just a case of spunking all the cash you have on players. Building a title winning team takes time and we are well on track to do that. Show some faith in our current management team, they just brought us our best league position in the Premier League era and still we have folks like you and John Thomas complaining about our chairman's supposed lack of ambition, when clearly he is more ambitious than most of the people on this fucking forum.

If you think Daniel Levy doesn't want titles then you are mistaken. Of course he wants more money for the club and titles guarantees those extra funds, but unlike most people, he is more than capable of seeing that winning titles isn't just a case of spunking all the cash you have on players. Building a title winning team takes time and we are well on track to do that. Show some faith in our current management team, they just brought us our best league position in the Premier League era and still we have folks like you and John Thomas complaining about our chairman's supposed lack of ambition, when clearly he is more ambitious than most of the people on this fucking forum.
I am not complaining. I even said levy is doing the right thing.
I don't think levy see's us regular title winners & neither do I.
I don't expect us to win the title & i don't think levy does either.
& as I also said earlier, I am more than happy with 3rd every season.
Do you think levy expects us to win the title this season? I don't think so.

I am not complaining. I even said levy is doing the right thing.
I don't think levy see's us regular title winners & neither do I.
I don't expect us to win the title & i don't think levy does either.
& as I also said earlier, I am more than happy with 3rd every season.
Do you think levy expects us to win the title this season? I don't think so.
I think having a young and settled squad with 1 more years experience under their belt and very little disruption to the starting XI could be the signing of the summer.

No one to blame as the side that wins the title will have been consistent at winning matches and picking up points.

We have had investment in our squad from the board, we have an excellent young coach in Pochettino and then we have the youngest average aged squad in the league. What more could we ask for? On top of that we challenged for a title and ultimately fell short. Just because we are not spending £20-30m+ on players, which is no guarantee of a title challenge, "hello bin dippers", so long as we play with the same intensity and passion as we did last season I would be happy. We also have added CL to play. There is a state of the art stadium arising from the ashes of WHL. What more as a fan of our great club do you want? A trophy would be nice, however there are other teams with much bigger resources also competing against us.
Let's agree to disagree.
I think levy & poch make mistakes.
It's normal.
So there will be some blame if levy feels we should win the title but we don't even challenge.

It's just strange that some people say there's no reason we can't win the title next season but also say no one is to blame if we don't even challenge for the title.

& also say there is no guarantee spending lots helps you improve.
BUT then go on to say other teams have better resources which is a big advantage over us.

I agree, but both have show more promise than any of the three you've mentioned.

Most of the Mason & Carroll hate stems from the Dortmund matches. There's no way around it, it was bad.

Both could play a part in a 4-3-3 or in a role in any of the 3 behind the striker. When they're moved deeper into the double pivot is when their weaknesses show. Carroll still has the ability to pick out a pass and unlock a D sitting back. Mason is great with runs into the box.
To be fair they might barely even feature next season & I am moaning about nothing.

But I will miss bentaleb. I still highly rate him.

How much do you lot think is a fair price for bentaleb.
I think about 15m but fear we will only get about half that.

To be fair they might barely even feature next season & I am moaning about nothing.

But I will miss bentaleb. I still highly rate him.

How much do you lot think is a fair price for bentaleb.
I think about 15m but fear we will only get about half that.
Based on the fact he hasn't had a good game in over a year? £11,000,000.

From a financial perspective I can't see us selling Bentaleb outright this summer. We won't get anything near his value.

He signed a five-year deal last year as well so I think we'll loan him for the season and then make someone cough up £12-15 mil for him next summer.

Based on the fact he hasn't had a good game in over a year? £11,000,000.

From a financial perspective I can't see us selling Bentaleb outright this summer. We won't get anything near his value.

He signed a five-year deal last year as well so I think we'll loan him for the season and then make someone cough up £12-15 mil for him next summer.

I think we will struggle to get a fair price for him. I can't think who will even pay 11m for him because of last season.

As mentioned, maybe a loan & then hope he impresses so we get a more fairer fee for him.

I also think we will struggle to get the rumoured 8m we want for pritchard. Not premiership proven & injured most of last season.

Not sure if we want too much for fazio or no one is interested. Would have thought a spanish team would want him.

Back
Top Bottom