Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True. But I disagree & would have bentaleb over mason & carroll.
Fight over substance floats poch's boat.
Each to their own.

I'm disappointed that Bentaleb is leaving as well and would take him over Mason and Carroll. However it's not my decision. Pochettino sees these guys everyday and is better placed to make the call.

Messi without an afro would improve us, the 50% tax may be an issue though.

giphy.gif

Although Messi with the dyed hair looks like he is trying to copy Edwards with the hair colouring.

Who do you think would deliver us a title?
Not a clue. I don't think we are that sort of team who wins lots of titles.
& levy doesn't treat us like one.
Or maybe levy has done all he can & poch should challenge for the title next season.
But I think it would be harsh to criticise poch if we don't challenge for the title with this squad.

Not a clue. I don't think we are that sort of team who wins lots of titles.
& levy doesn't treat us like one.
Or maybe levy has done all he can & poch should challenge for the title next season.
But I think it would be harsh to criticise poch if we don't challenge for the title with this squad.

We've shown improvement under Pochettino each season he has been with us. Do you think he has reached a ceiling yet? We already have a side that can challenge for the title, we just need something a bit different when it's not going well for plan A. Also we were skating on thin ice with reliance on Kane, Dembele and Dier. I think we have addressed those issues.

"Throwing out all the stops" really doesn't seem to be working for most teams in this league anymore.

The two most impressive teams last season weren't developed by signing huge name players with expensive transfer fees, so actually I don't really understand what point you're trying to make. Man U threw out all the stops for Van Gaal to sign the players he wanted, Mourinho had the same. They both got sacked. City never got going or seemed bothered despite all of their star power.

Instead it was cheap little Leicester City, and Tottenham playing a bunch of youth players.
Yes, last season was the norm for sure.
Teams like leicester win the title regularly.
I can see sunderland winning it this year.

We've shown improvement under Pochettino each season he has been with us. Do you think he has reached a ceiling yet? We already have a side that can challenge for the title, we just need something a bit different when it's not going well for plan A. Also we were skating on thin ice with reliance on Kane, Dembele and Dier. I think we have addressed those issues.
I would be more than happy with 3rd every year.
Obviously poch must have some flaws.
He has done wonders for us.
I am just thinking out loud on how he could improve a bit.
I think he values running yourself in to the ground a bit too much.
overvalues it in players & we always seem knackered come the end of the season.
Poch is still young & learning.

We did struggle with a plan b last season.
I am sure he is working on one & was probably trying them out last season.

Maybe a bit more creativity would help against teams who park the bus.
We have wanyama to help shut up shop.
& janssen to help kane get us some goals.
So far so good.

But I still think it be harsh on poch to expect him to challenge for the title & say he has failed if we don't.

I would be more than happy with 3rd every year.
Obviously poch must have some flaws.
He has done wonders for us.
I am just thinking out loud on how he could improve a bit.
I think he values running yourself in to the ground a bit too much.
overvalues it in players & we always seem knackered come the end of the season.
Poch is still young & learning.

We did struggle with a plan b last season.
I am sure he is working on one & was probably trying them out last season.

Maybe a bit more creativity would help against teams who park the bus.
We have wanyama to help shut up shop.
& janssen to help kane get us some goals.
So far so good.

But I still think it be harsh on poch to expect him to challenge for the title & say he has failed if we don't.

I wouldn't call him a failure if we challenged and didn't win the title. He's really improved us and I see this current crop of players as being potentially better than Redknapp era Spurs. We have a relatively young squad who will grow together. That is pretty exciting if you ask me.

True. But I disagree & would have bentaleb over mason & carroll.
Fight over substance floats poch's boat.
Each to their own.

Obviously poch knows way more than us all.
But I am sure he isn't infallible despite many saying trust in poch.

You need your fringe players more than anyone to be dedicated trainers - keeps the first team players on their toes and sets an example to the youth team of what is necessary to make it.

I wouldn't call him a failure if we challenged and didn't win the title. He's really improved us and I see this current crop of players as being potentially better than Redknapp era Spurs. We have a relatively young squad who will grow together. That is pretty exciting if you ask me.
I wouldn't call him a failure if we didn't challenge for the title.
But if you think levy has done all he can for us to win the title this year then who's the blame if we don't?
Poch?

I am just saying I don't levy has done all he can for us to win the title
& I don't think it is fair on poch to expect us too.

You need your fringe players more than anyone to be dedicated trainers - keeps the first team players on their toes and sets an example to the youth team of what is necessary to make it.
True. But I think we could find better fringe players than carroll.
Maybe we can't & I'm being over ambitious.

I don't think levy is targeting the title or anything. I think another top 4 will do.
Levy isn't going to throw out all the stops to get us a title winning team.
Which is good enough for the time being. We need a little more financial clout and prestige as a club to attract the players that will make us title contenders. Achieving CL until the new stadium is built will help us do just that. It's a long term project.

Which is good enough for the time being. We need a little more financial clout and prestige as a club to attract the players that will make us title contenders. Achieving CL until the new stadium is built will help us do just that. It's a long term project.
I agree. & that is what levy is aiming for.
Not titles.

I wouldn't call him a failure if we didn't challenge for the title.
But if you think levy has done all he can for us to win the title this year then who's the blame if we don't?
Poch?

I am just saying I don't levy has done all he can for us to win the title
& I don't think it is fair on poch to expect us too.

No one to blame as the side that wins the title will have been consistent at winning matches and picking up points.

We have had investment in our squad from the board, we have an excellent young coach in Pochettino and then we have the youngest average aged squad in the league. What more could we ask for? On top of that we challenged for a title and ultimately fell short. Just because we are not spending £20-30m+ on players, which is no guarantee of a title challenge, "hello bin dippers", so long as we play with the same intensity and passion as we did last season I would be happy. We also have added CL to play. There is a state of the art stadium arising from the ashes of WHL. What more as a fan of our great club do you want? A trophy would be nice, however there are other teams with much bigger resources also competing against us.

True. But I think we could find better fringe players than carroll.
Maybe we can't & I'm being over ambitious.

Signing players that have both a good attitude and that are willing to sit on the bench a lot can't be easy - the two don't normally go together.

It's also far easier to sell good players than it is to sell average ones, so you naturally end up keeping some that you might otherwise choose to move on.

Poch said njie is staying. Just seen on SSN that Marseille are negotiating with Swansea for the loan of Gomis... So maybe nkoudou and njie....which is nice:pochlol:

:pochrolleyes:Poch said njie is staying. Just seen on SSN that Marseille are negotiating with Swansea for the loan of Gomis... So maybe nkoudou and njie....which is nice

Where have you heard him say that about N'Jie? Gomis is an out and out striker to replace Batshuayi surely? N'jie to replace Nkoudou?

Where have you heard him say that about N'Jie? Gomis is an out and out striker to replace Batshuayi surely? N'jie to replace Nkoudou?
They are quotes from the press conference and have been, along with the fazio, Bentaleb Pritchard, happy at Spurs (Argentina rumours) on the news banners of SSToday. He is quoted as saying njie is staying. See if you can catch it. Should be up again soon. I haven't heard it. In fact poch is on in a moment just seen

Back
Top Bottom