Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, we're going to be linked with every Belgian going this window. I doubt Defour or Fellaini will be joining, it's just a lazy link as we've got a nice little Belgian contingent going on.

I really like Pato, mostly his name to be fair but I hope he gets another chance in a bigger league, maybe not us but if it does happen there are far worse 2nd choice strikers out there albeit there are quite a few better

Fellaini has the "hair thing" going for him. That´s always extra pricey on the transfer market... think David Luis. Don´t know if our chairman is willing to pay that extra hairy cost ?
:levywhoa:
The hair thing is a myth. If it were actually worth anything on the transfer market, Levy would not have let BAE go on a free.

Good move for a good player.

Frustratingly under-used and undervalued by Poch, still it's worked out well for Benji. He's moved on up in the world to a CL club with realistic title ambitions in their own league. I'll be looking out for their results now and cheering them on (except in the unlikely event of them playing us).

Bon voyage et bonne chance Benji :thumbup:
HA! the only reason you ''like'' Benji is so you can use him as a stick to beat Poch with. You transparent old fool. I never once saw you pining for him to start on here during the season.

Good money, for a player we didn't use. That can go towards a ST, winger or DM.

So I am a bit stuck when it comes to transfers.

I only really watch English football, and anybody I feel would improve us is already at a CL club.
I don't know anything about players in other countries apart from the world cup. How do people find the time to watch all these other leagues as well

Not sure what the point in this post was, but then thats also 90% of the rest of the posts here so thought id add it anyway.

So I am a bit stuck when it comes to transfers.

I only really watch English football, and anybody I feel would improve us is already at a CL club.
I don't know anything about players in other countries apart from the world cup. How do people find the time to watch all these other leagues as well

Not sure what the point in this post was, but then thats also 90% of the rest of the posts here so thought id add it anyway.
BT Sport and ESPN show highlight shows and have acquired the rights for many European and some South American leagues. There's far more opportunity to watch these leagues than ever.

There was one particular Saturday on BT where you could watch French, German and Italian football live. Not that hard anymore if you're just chilling on a Saturday with a few beers and your mates.

Can't be fucked to read back through all this shite, so this may have been said already but I have a sneaky suspicion Charlie Austin might end up at the Lane next season.

Reasoning behind that is that it has all gone quiet with regard to his move to Neewastle and I suspect that might be because we have spoken to him and said that come the end of the window when we have offloaded the necessary players, we might be interested in him.

Pie in the sky I know but it is just a hunch of mine.

I really like Pato, mostly his name to be fair but I hope he gets another chance in a bigger league, maybe not us but if it does happen there are far worse 2nd choice strikers out there albeit there are quite a few better

Plenty are happy enough to chuck in kids with no experience whatsoever.

HA! the only reason you ''like'' Benji is so you can use him as a stick to beat Poch with. You transparent old fool. I never once saw you pining for him to start on here during the season.

Good money, for a player we didn't use. That can go towards a ST, winger or DM.

Bought him ONE year ago, same management, same board. Hardly played and then sold on. If he was so tragic then it was another cock-up purchase, not one to have a go at fans about if they thought he might have shown something they liked. Somebody at the club must've liked something about him to buy him so recently. Surely it wasn't just the price tag (although no doubt it helped)

Bought him ONE year ago, same management, same board. Hardly played and then sold on. If he was so tragic then it was another cock-up purchase, not one to have a go at fans about if they thought he might have shown something they liked. Somebody at the club must've liked something about him to buy him so recently. Surely it wasn't just the price tag (although no doubt it helped)
Never said he was tragic. I quite like Stambouli.

But, he never played. Getting good money for squad filler is fine.

Maybe Poch has enough faith in Dele Alli that he'd rather use Stambouli's prospective minutes on an exciting young talent.

Do you reckon we should be in for Mirallas? It seems he could be relatively cheap, and would be able to play happy families with our Belgian community. The only issue is that he doesn't seem to work back much where Lennon does, although he has a much better end product than Lennon.

Aren't you the dude that refuses to believe we're building a stadium?

You'll forgive me for not taking anything you say seriously.
Not really. I`m the dude who thinks Levy/ENIC have fucked about, dragged there heels and would love to see a new stadium built on the premise it make lots of long term profit for their own shady organisation. Whatever they do is in their own long term interests, which differ from those of the football club I love. As far as I`m concerned, I never wanted the "best stadium in Europe". just a bigger, better one than the current WHL. Had we not fucked around with stratford etc, we may have already been playing in it, rather than submitting a new set of plans in another month or two. Anyway, didnt take much to drag the first Levy apologist out, did it.

Can't be fucked to read back through all this shite, so this may have been said already but I have a sneaky suspicion Charlie Austin might end up at the Lane next season.

Reasoning behind that is that it has all gone quiet with regard to his move to Neewastle and I suspect that might be because we have spoken to him and said that come the end of the window when we have offloaded the necessary players, we might be interested in him.

The bookies still have him at odds on to go to Newcastle.

Do you reckon we should be in for Mirallas? It seems he could be relatively cheap, and would be able to play happy families with our Belgian community. The only issue is that he doesn't seem to work back much where Lennon does, although he has a much better end product than Lennon.
28 years old and wants a big contract to play Champions League apparently. Ideas above his station if you ask me.

I can't believe Stambouli's 24.

Fuck having Fellaini at the club, to get the best out of him you hit long balls up front and he makes a nuisance of himself. It works, but it's not the football I'd want to pay to see.

Newcastle have also confirmed Mitrovic today. Would guess they are not after another striker.

Fuck having Fellaini at the club, to get the best out of him you hit long balls up front and he makes a nuisance of himself. It works, but it's not the football I'd want to pay to see.

f8e1ae9005298cce36a689bc89662c2b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom