Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just putting this out there.

Everyone assuming Alderweireld will play alongside Vertonghen as central defence, whilst this is clearly an option, it is also just as probable that he has been brought in as a defensive midfielder.

If this is the case would make sense that there is not a single piece of ITK about Fazio leaving, not one.
Can't imagine Alderweireld being played as a dm, he'd be too similar to Capoue. Poch likes his midfielders to be mobile.

DM sorted....................McCarthy is too much money with high risk fitness wise. If we went for him would imho mean that others failed.

Either we're in for two CMs or he's talking out his arse. Most likely the latter.
That's what I thought. DM sorted, then bollocks about Mc Carthy. Why does anyone give any credence to these cunts?
They are a bit like drunks in the park. They all come out in the Summer and talk nonsensical bollocks to whoever will listen.
However, the drunks make are slightly more direct.

[itk="9th July 2015, in, Eye Football, Various, itk, 5, rumour"]
Source: Grey Fox (from SC)

My source was a bit busy yesterday!, but just had a long conversation with him.

There is great excitement around the club both on and off the pitch, Poch is happy with signings and targets and our our attempts to get rid of the discontents, real team building exercise going on with existing squad and the targets. Mitchell has a lot to do with this.

Agents and clubs have been informed about those he wants out, Kaboul, Adebayor and Lennon will be let go at a loss if necessary. At least 3 clubs have enquired about Townsend including Newcastle and 3 Spanish clubs have asked about Soldado, but Poch likes Bobby and would keep if he had to.

Some youngsters will be loaned out, but not Pritchard.

I understand that we have three Dms lined up (discussions with all 3 have taken place) I asked about MS and if the Toby purchase has ruined any chance of him and he laughed, adding they have been pissed off with us since Glen , but the money is on the table and if Man United don't act by the weekend we still have a chance.

We still want a striker and wideman and he hinted one of those might be a late stellar signing, but would need the big fish to get out of the pond.

As regards the stadium he thinks once we get the go ahead from Haringey naming rights would be announced a few weeks later, hopefully before the end of the year.

:crouch:
[/itk]

Belgium`s really 2 country`s though isn`t it ?

Dutch speaking Flemland and French speaking Wallonia.

Out of interest, which part do our 4 Belgians come from ? And yourself ?
Its in fact 3 countries because we also have a german speaking community. But for a lot of the people the country is one and will stay that way, its more a political issue. Our NT is a great example of this, we have people from both main communities, people with different ethnic backgrounds and so on.

Dutch speaking part is Flanders btw :) That's where i am from but i will never ever label myself als flemish, i'm Belgian.

i'm a retard :carrollwtf::pochbye:
yeah, but still think that Wenger would be more of a danger than Soldado or Ade, specially against young defenders :ossie:

It would be hilarious though... imagine Wenger scoring a winner for us against the scum and doing an "Adebayor celebration" when he scored against them for Man City a few years back:levylol:

Levy: "We have already brought in four new players since the winter window and we’ve done deals for players who have now left."

From the previous page

The security guard told me in the way in to the office this morning that we had signed 4 players (according to the Mail apparently). The 4th one some Brazilian kid.

??????????
"Since the winter window" could include Alli.

But if he means someone else not yet announced I'm completely happy with that.

Just give me two DMs, and two forwards who can either play on the wing, or as striker, and I'm happy to call things a success and wait for the ensuing heartbreak of the actual season.

I have always said that Adebayor will run his contract out, leave on a free and then go to most of the clubs he has refused so far.
All the,'staying and fighting for my place' is all bollocks.
Even if he does well when he does play we are not giving him another contract like the one he has. If the man cared about playing football week in week out, he would take a pay cut and go.
I think he wants to have his cake and eat it too. He's apparently turned down plenty of big money moves to the Middle East. So, he wants to be paid like a star, and still be in a respectable league.

And I want a toilet made out of solid gold...

I have always said that Adebayor will run his contract out, leave on a free and then go to most of the clubs he has refused so far.
All the,'staying and fighting for my place' is all bollocks.
Even if he does well when he does play we are not giving him another contract like the one he has. If the man cared about playing football week in week out, he would take a pay cut and go.

I don't disagree with your comment on ambition for playing games.

But maybe he just doesn't want to leave London - if my options in my job were move to Turkey, Japan, UAE.......or sit out the last year of my contract and then probably get a free transfer to West Ham, Palace, Watford, etc - I know what I would do.

Just putting this out there.

Everyone assuming Alderweireld will play alongside Vertonghen as central defence, whilst this is clearly an option, it is also just as probable that he has been brought in as a defensive midfielder.

If this is the case would make sense that there is not a single piece of ITK about Fazio leaving, not one.
He played against us alone MS in place of Wanayama and to be honest it didn't look to good then.
MS looked very, very average that day and I remember lots questioning what the fuss was all about.
Mason outperformed them both, defensively, and was just as good with his distribution than MS, but far better than Alderweirleld was. ( apart from that slip, another goal given and not earned)
Bentaleb/Mason basically held their own, if not did better, than that pairing.
If the plan is to put TA alongside Bentaleb then I would put my neck out and say it would not work week in week out.
TA is not near mobile enough or good enough with his distribution to play week in week out in a two in midfield.
Fazio/Dier EL Vertonghen/Alderweireld EPL and wimmer alternating?
I think the plan is to have an established CB pairing in the EPL. We also will have one for the EL and enough to negate injuries.
The fact he is versatile is a plus point.

I don't disagree with your comment on ambition for playing games.

But maybe he just doesn't want to leave London - if my options in my job were move to Turkey, Japan, UAE.......or sit out the last year of my contract and then probably get a free transfer to West Ham, Palace, Watford, etc - I know what I would do.
England or Japan wouldn't be a tough choice for me, but I doubt it's on the table for him, they don't seem to pay that well anymore.

Turkey or UAE vs anywhere in England though. I don't care how much they're paying, I still wouldn't go there.

GK: Lloris / Vorm
RB: Walker / Trippier / Yedlin
LB: Rose / Davies
LCB: Vertonghen / Wimmer
RCB: Alderwiereld / Dier
CDM: Veljkovic + New chap
CM: Bentaleb / Ali / Mason
AMR: Lamela + New chap
AMC: Eriksen / Dembele
AML: Chadli / Pritchard
ST: Kane + New chap

+ Onomah / Winks etc to be in and around the squad unless they can get minutes elsewhere.

To Sell:

Chiriches – Shit, get rid.
Kaboul – Shit, get rid.
Fazio – Can’t see us keeping now we have Alderwiereld and now have Trippier. Dier will cover that RCB position.
Stambouli – Seems likely to be going Watford. Liked him but Poch clearly doesn’t.
Adebayor - Gimp faced shit cunt.
Soldado – Shame it didn’t work out. Hopefully he will go smash it in the Spanish league.
Carroll? – Sad but with Bentaleb / Ali / Mason competing for the position I can’t see him getting any minutes. I guess he has pre-season to impress? 23 now so a permanent move probably more likely than a loan.
Lennon – Looks to have no future with us. One of my fav player at his peak, but never really developed. Disappointing really.
Townsend? – Again sad but if the money is right I would move on. 24 in two weeks. I can’t see him becoming the player we need. Though he is Spurs. Nowhere near the top of the list to shift.
Fredericks? – Probably doesn’t have a future with us… Walker / Trippier and Yedlin competing for the spot. 22 years old so a permanent move would be best for both parties.

**I would still have some concerns with the midfield. If either the new DM or Bentaleb too a season long injury we would be very thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom