Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mix of both then, perhaps ... But I'm just saying, we have actually bought pretty decent players overall, and so I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Broomfield was a strong factor in it. That fella has a really good eye for talent, with keeping price in mind.
Hopefully all our main guys are in agreement on this. Agree with you that Broomfield seems like a great scout.

Hopefully all our main guys are in agreement on this. Agree with you that Broomfield seems like a great scout.

Yep. Apparently Poch didn't know about Dier so our scouts are on the ball this season.

I bet Poch regretted wearing tight tracksuit bottoms watching Diers first training session.

tumblr_m3fy8khUyr1qmhoxu.gif

One other odd detail -- Saphir Taider, who Southampton took on loan from Inter 3 weeks ago, and was assumed to be a natural replacement for Schneiderlin, has just been loaned to Sassuolo back in Italy instead. Utterly bizarre, but probably a related consequence too.

The problem with selling Paulinho is we have basically no goal threat from any of the other central midfield players.

Lamela, chadli and eriksen who operate as the three behind the striker in pochs system score goals and not sure I want paulinho playing in bentaleb or capoues position.

I'll never understand the outsized love afforded Dembele and the outsized loathing afforded to Paulinho. Forced to sell one of them, I'd sell Dembele every day of the week.
You can't get the ball off Dembele, he glides past people like they aren't there but hardly scores.
Paulinho doesn't do much but does chip in with the odd goal.
Personally I feel like Dembele has a lot more to give - depends if Poch can get that out of him.

Lamela, chadli and eriksen who operate as the three behind the striker in pochs system score goals and not sure I want paulinho playing in bentaleb or capoues position.
*should* - only Eriksen has shown he can contribute there consistently really

Its about who can play on a cold day in Stoke... hang on thats the one game Paulinho played well wasnt it? DOH!

I'm a Dembele guy, would love to see who would win a 1 on 1 against those two for their place in the squad, I think Dembele would outmuscle him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom