Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports from Nigeria in recent hours suggest Tottenham will sign one of the countries most talented youngsters this weekend.

Musa Yahaya is due in London this weekend to sign a pre-contract with Spurs after a routine medical, according to allafrica.com.

They suggest, Yahaya “will arrive London, England on Saturday, February 15 to append his signature to a preliminary contract if he passes a routine medical. The 16 – year – old will be accompanied on the trip by his father, one of his agents, Mohammed Babawo and Auwal Yusuf, the coach of the nursery team which has been nurturing him since childhood.”

The report adds: “All members of the entourage have been issued visas to the United Kingdom. Because Yahaya is still a minor, he can not sign a professional contract .However, there is a four – year deal waiting for him to sign when he clocks 18.”

Spurs reportedly beat off competition from Ajax to sign the youngster who was one of the stars of the recent Under-17 World Cup.

Some have compared Yahaya to Neymar, whilst his team mates liken the attacking midfielder to fellow Barcelona star Andres Iniesta.

The youngster himself said during the Under-17 World Cup: “The guys started calling me Iniesta a few years back… Pretty soon everybody was calling me Iniesta… I like Iniesta as a player because he’s just so skillful and I pray I can be like him one day.”

Yahaya is predominantly a playmaker or left winger and looks to be a prudent signing by Tottenham Technical Director Franco Baldini.

Like this 17 year old on Lazio's books...
Minajnaoghwohwogh.jpg

He looks at least 41.

:gallashmm:
You'll have the lawyers on you with talk like that...
One of the biggest football stories of the week has been the age of Lazio’s new signing Joseph Minala, as many have questioned that the Cameroonian midfielder is actually 17 as he looks like more 40.

Furious at the abuse he was receiving, Joseph Minala hit back at his haters this week with an angry message of Twitter, while the teenager shut down his Facebook page and turned his Instagram account private.

Now Minala’s agent Diego Tavano has spoken to Italian daily Gazzetta dello Sport in an attempt to clear up the confusion once and for all as Tavano explained his player looks older than his age because of a ”difficult childhood”.

The situation surround Joseph is clear. He had a difficult time growing up. If you talk to him you’ll realise he is in every way a 17-year-old lad.

Minala has also received further support from Mauricio Perconti, the owner of the amateur club Vigor Perconti who sold the Cameroonian to Lazio. Perconti has added:

I can not deny that he looks older, but all the documents (regarding his age) are ok.

Lazio have also released a separate statement confirming the paperwork on his birth is “absolutely legitimate” and registered with the football federation. The statement said “Lazio denounce this latest attempt from hostile figures to throw a sinister light on this club” and are prepared to take legal action to “protect the good name” of the club and its players.”

You'll have the lawyers on you with talk like that...
One of the biggest football stories of the week has been the age of Lazio’s new signing Joseph Minala, as many have questioned that the Cameroonian midfielder is actually 17 as he looks like more 40.

Furious at the abuse he was receiving, Joseph Minala hit back at his haters this week with an angry message of Twitter, while the teenager shut down his Facebook page and turned his Instagram account private.

Now Minala’s agent Diego Tavano has spoken to Italian daily Gazzetta dello Sport in an attempt to clear up the confusion once and for all as Tavano explained his player looks older than his age because of a ”difficult childhood”.

The situation surround Joseph is clear. He had a difficult time growing up. If you talk to him you’ll realise he is in every way a 17-year-old lad.

Minala has also received further support from Mauricio Perconti, the owner of the amateur club Vigor Perconti who sold the Cameroonian to Lazio. Perconti has added:

I can not deny that he looks older, but all the documents (regarding his age) are ok.

Lazio have also released a separate statement confirming the paperwork on his birth is “absolutely legitimate” and registered with the football federation. The statement said “Lazio denounce this latest attempt from hostile figures to throw a sinister light on this club” and are prepared to take legal action to “protect the good name” of the club and its players.”

There's a simple solution to this, just get a dentist to give him an exam, should be able to roughly guess his age through his teeth.

the last time we signed an africa's biggest talent after a sublime performance in the u16 world cup, where's coulibaly now?

We don't even have to pay a transfer fee for the young Nigerian. He just goes right into our academy. Certainly it's worth it to give him a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom