Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJJ. A gif does not change the fact that you are making excuses for MS behavior. I hit dislike because when it came to Jan, you had the opposite opinion and you were highly critical. (And he didn't even do anything unlike MS who went public)

So you're saying that Vertonghen leaned against a wall to get a transfer
:saha:

They've gone for the wrong Kyle anyways. Clearly Naughton is more at their level.

Source:
BWYeNyiCYAACV17.jpg

I think it's a two part phenomenon of typical memory. Something old is never as valued as something new, everyone feels like they've seen what Naughton can do and as such he's devalued compared to shiny new toys that offer a different experience and hope. And negative experiences stick in the memory longer than positive ones.
I think Dembele is a good opposite case to use with Naughton. Both can go through many matches making no impression on you, either way. Dembele occasionally does something good, Naughton occasionally does something bad. The line of people wanting to ship Naughton out is considerably longer, despite him being younger and offering more future potential than Dembele. People even defend Dembele him by saying the manager can get him doing this or doing that and he'll be class, even though its rare that players at 27/28 really develop their game in new ways.
Naughton is a crap player that had a stretch of 5 or so games to finish out the season and everyone who thinks he's good bases all of their judgement off of that. Before Walker went down around late Feb/early March, Naughton played mostly left back and I think everyone can agree that he's a shit left back. He then got a stretch of 10 or so games to end the season. In those 10 games, he was part of the two terrible 4-0 losses to Chelsea and Pool, and almost singlehandedly cost us the game vs Southampton. Not exactly spectacular.

So you're saying that Vertonghen leaned against a wall to get a transfer
:saha:

Let's talk about who said what. You said this about Jan:

CJJ. 'He comes out to the press and criticises team tactics and transfer policy. That isn't the kind of person who is going to 'make it' as a top defender, regardless of ability.'

So you say that about Jan, but you are understanding about MS actions?

Even though all Jan did was state he prefers to play cb over lb? MS causes media storm over transfers but that is different apparently?

Community Shield is a glorified friendly.

Moyes won it last season, doesn't mean anything.
It mattered to Woolwich because they know it's likely the only silver they'll see this season, whereas citeh are holding back for the prem knowing they might well win it. In that scenario, no citeh player wants to risk an injury or whatever.

Let's talk about who said what. You said this about Jan:

CJJ. 'He comes out to the press and criticises team tactics and transfer policy. That isn't the kind of person who is going to 'make it' as a top defender, regardless of ability.'

So you say that about Jan, but you are understanding about MS actions?

Even though all Jan did was state he prefers to play cb over lb? MS causes media storm over transfers but that is different apparently?

:avbfacepalm:

The fact you delete 95% of that post so skilfully shows how little conviction you have.

This is what, the 3rd time you've tried to drag out a post made over 4 months ago? And you wonder why you get sin-binned and banned from forums?

P.S. This isn't the Vertonghen thread.

Didn't he play a 2nd string side anyway?

I read today he left a load of first teamers out. It is a pointless trophy - everyone knows that as soon as Wenger wins well during a transfer window he ceases all transfer activity like a fool.

Could be a decent tactic!

I'd take it. It's a nice little bonus.

Especially as Woolwich were destroyed by city last year, and their players / fans confidence hangs by a thread at best of times, I think it did them no harm at all going into a new season, can't wait to play those pricks and help end any dreams they have of the league COYS

Someone remind the London press of this! Fucking "woolwich back to their glory days" and all their cuntflap players saying "I think we will win the title this season". They say it every year though tbf, charity shield or not. Cunts.

Someone remind the London press of this! Fucking "woolwich back to their glory days" and all their cuntflap players saying "I think we will win the title this season". They say it every year though tbf, charity shield or not. Cunts.
agreed. after reading the evening standard on the way home from work today, i dont think i have the stomach to read a paper again

I quickly turned the page when i seen their ugly mugs mate
well i would do the same mate but I usually read on just so that it's always at the front of my mind what a bunch of pricks they are , but jesus christ some of the drivel printed today about how they can last the distance this time, they've proved they have mental strengh etc .. pricks

Not going to wasted much more times on those wasters that are WW, but I remember them winning the League in early February, to make it short - they didn't - in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom