Stop StubHub – Important Update

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Legalised ticket touting... that's why!

Turns everyone who has a ticket and scalps it into a potential Stan Flashman! (Look him up kids!)

Anyone who is a genuine Spurs supporter who screws over another Spurs supporter should hang their head in shame. If for some reason I can't make it to a game, I will sell my ticket to someone I know for face value. Stubhub are just legalised ticket touts, and in some ways are worse than the bloke who stands on the corner.

I know a couple of people that do just that. They both have their ST's and each have x2 other ST's that they sell every single game. They make enough money to pay for their own ST outright and additional profit on top. Couple of people on here have openly admitted to doing it too, almost boasting about it, "market forces" and all that. Then as you say pipe up moaning about atmosphere and tourists. The other strange thing is they are also the one's quick to slate Levy for treating fans as cash cows, when actually they are profiteering even more.
Utter, utter cunts.

Think we all know a few people that just sit on season tickets. It really pisses me off particularly as I don't have one so I am often stuck at the whim of buying from others. Even worse that you can only get away tickets with a season ticket, had to pay fucking £85 for Everton.

Should be a cap on the amount of tickets you can sell off a ST per season.

And I'll take the unpopular assignment and defend SH for a minute. The fact is, there have been ticket touts as long as there have been tickets, across the world. A business like SH does at least ensure that only legitimate tickets are sold on, as opposed to the alternative of buyers buying fake tickets only to find the seller long gone by the time they go back.

Secondly, like it or not, English football is a global game now. And a very significant portion of our, and other clubs', revenue streams is due particularly to international fans. You might hate these "tourists" (as many on this forum have made clear), but for many of these supporters often times SH is the only way to procure a ticket for a match. Most international supporters don't have mates with a ST who might be out of town, or the local connections or knowledge of where to look for tickets. Even when tipped off on where to look, lots of tourists (read: foreigners often carrying lots of cash) are extremely reluctant to meet up with strangers around back of a pub.

For these fans, SH offers a safe, guaranteed, and often fair marketplace for tickets. Many times this may be these fans' only opportunity to ever watch Spurs. So while I despise profiteers, in reality SH isn't responsible for profiteers - they simply offer them a place to do business in exchange for a fee. Hate the cunt supporters selling on seats for a 500% up charge because it's the scum or chavs. But realize they'd be doing that with or without SH.
No need for stub hub Tottenham mearly have to set up their own resale market. All reasonable administration fees go to the club. No above face price pricing. It's simple. Jumping in bed with stub hub is deliberate but shameful choice by our club. Just no need for it.

The club should just go the Bayern way and remove season tickets from the minority who barely attend a match, there should be a cut-off like 50% of games.

Surely all they need to do is set a maximum listing price (just above face value so the seller isn't out of pocket) and it's all good. Isn't it?

I think I8AVB I8AVB makes a good point about the expensive seats being unlikely to sell but for me the major concern is that I could put my ticket in there for face value or lower but the buyer could pick that up and then relist it for a higher price. It doesn't matter whether it's ten or 100 quid more they are still able to use my ticket to make profit in this system. Which means it is a broken system in the first place

Had to laugh, got an email from them earlier pleading with me to sign their petition, look at them standing up for the 1 in a 1,000,000 who sells their ticket because they cannot actually make the event :

Stand Up For Your Right To Buy And Sell Tickets

The Government have launched an independent review into the laws around event ticket resale, and event organisers are pushing hard for new laws which will restrict your right to buy and resell spare tickets at the last minute for sold out events.

We believe that fans should be free to resell tickets for events which they can no longer attend, especially when they are routinely denied refunds by event organisers.

We have therefore launched a petition calling for a clear legal right for fans to be able to resell spare tickets without restrictive terms and conditions being imposed by event organisers.

If you value the right to buy and sell tickets safely and securely on a website of your choice, please lend your voice to our campaign and sign our petition.

StubHub also make a killing out of fees that the seller is charged. If you have e.g. a £50 ticket and sell it at that, SH will give the seller £40, pocket an initial £10 and, from what people are saying, charge £10 in fees to the buyer. So, in effect, they get 50% of what the seller gets. It's really shocking that it's even legal. Sites like that and GetMeIn are tout sites.

Hypothetical here, but if someone were to sell a ticket 35 pound ticket for 100 quid and pocket all of the money vs StubHub making the profit, would you feel differently about it?
I think I would feel worse - honestly I wouldn't mind spending £10 extra for a ticket if it's admin or just to a fellow fan as a thank you, the thought of you as a fellow spurs fan charging me 3 times the ticket value would sicken me to the core and question everything I know about football supporters

Back
Top Bottom