Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally unfair if Lloris goes straight back into the starting X1.

It's different for goalkeepers. If he's fit he'll start. He's one of the best keepers in the world! I'm not saying Vorm hasn't performed well but we're not a charity.

He's our captain, he's the boss. :llorishowudoin:

Crazy talk
Not at all but people refuse to admit how poor he's been for us revently due to him being one of the favourites. Ive done this before but i will do it again.
Lets really break down his recent performances for us:
1) against WBA he was at fault for their equaliser.
2) against chelsea he conceded 2 but neither was his fault.
3) against southampton he should have saved both goals.
4) against newcastle he conceded 5 and his positioning for a couple of those goals were atrocious.
5) against everton he dived after the free kick already went in

Of course he's better than Vorm but right now he's been in poor form for us whilst Vorm has been very good.

It's different for goalkeepers. If he's fit he'll start. He's one of the best keepers in the world! I'm not saying Vorm hasn't performed well but we're not a charity.

He's our captain, he's the boss. :llorishowudoin:
Yes we're not a charity hence the player thats on form should start.
I guarantee if Janssen was scoring on his cameos and Kane was still experiencing a goal drought people would instantly forget the past 2 seasons of kane banging goals in and insist Janssen needs to start.

Not at all but people refuse to admit how poor he's been for us revently due to him being one of the favourites. Ive done this before but i will do it again.
4) against newcastle he conceded 5 and his positioning for a couple of those goals were atrocious.

Of course he's better than Vorm but right now he's been in poor form for us whilst Vorm has been very good.
Sorry - his quality saves outweigh the odd blunder by a massive landslide - starts anyway for me

Sissoko doesn't unlock defences, he bulldozes them... when he can be arsed.

If Poch can help him realise his potential in a consistent way then he'll be one of our most effective players.

Think there's a bi of revisionism going on here. Sure Hugo's made 1 or 2 errors but that doesn't make him a bad keeper. Equally a couple of good games from Vorm doesn't undo his past poor performances. Objectively Hugo is a more experienced and better goal keeper.

I can't believe we are questioning Lloris. I argue that he is the world's best goalkeeper. Some fucking mental polemicist on here wants to put him on the bench. A fine bit of attention seeking - bravo kingdawson kingdawson - I'd never noticed you before but we all know you now.

I can't believe we are questioning Lloris. I argue that he is the world's best goalkeeper. Some fucking mental polemicist on here wants to put him on the bench. A fine bit of attention seeking - bravo kingdawson kingdawson - I'd never noticed you before but we all know you now.
Attention seeking? I voiced my concerns and gave examples of why i felt that way. This is a spurs forum where opinions differ so quit playing the cyber thug role by making it more then it is.

Btw i think Lloris overall is top 5 in the world....i'm questioning his current form not his overall ability.

Attention seeking? I voiced my concerns and gave examples of why i felt that way. This is a spurs forum where opinions differ so quit playing the cyber thug role by making it more then it is.

Btw i think Lloris overall is top 5 in the world....i'm questioning his current form not his overall ability.
Cyber thug is a bit harsh. I thought I was mildly eloquent in my refusal to subscribe to your bashing of Lloris.

Top 5. I believe he's better than Neuer after their respective Euros performances and better than de Gea even before the Euros.

Vorm has played well - excellent in fact - but that's his role: good quality backup while Lopez is the future.

And sandwiched between that were his awesome saves in the Euros which helped get France to the final..

There's always a few players that walk straight back into the team after a ban/injury - to be honest I felt a bit sorry for Wimmer when Vertonghen walked straight back into the team as I'd thought he'd done really well, but understood it. I would've said Kane/Dier/Alli and a few others would be straight back in, but after recent performances I'd understand them being on the bench.

The only players I think would be first names on the team sheet I think no matter what are Lloris/Dembele/Alderweireld/Rose/Walker, and after his performances this season I'd add Lamela to that list.

Lloris has had the odd fuck up but he's still a much better keeper than Vorm. It was embarrassing when we signed him and kept him on the bench for so long, as good as Freidel was Lloris should've been starting.

I didnt care about kanes poor performances in the euros so i dont care about hugos. I care about how they perform when they play for us.
No, but Kanes also been shit for a while, would you drop him?

Oh and by the way if fit. I'd expect Dembele to get straight back into he team. Would you?

Out of our regular starting XI I'd say Poch sees at least SEVEN or EIGHT as being undroppable, and would therefore walk straight into the team;

LLORIS
WALKER
VERTONGHEN
ALDERWEIRELD
DIER
DEMBELE
ERIKSEN
KANE

everyone else's spot is up for grabs!
Alli, Lamela, Rose, are all interchangeable with Son, Obomah, Davies, and I'm guessing N'Koudou and Sissoko are also there to add competition to the 1st team... and quite right too!

Back
Top Bottom