Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
There's a train strike on Saturday.🤬

The Aslef union said its members at 16 train companies in England would walk out on 30 September and 4 October.

Train strikes have absolutely fucked me getting back from the match and might have to cancel going now. Utter utter cunts......especially as I think we will do well in this game, because they will under estimate us.

I actually think results have flattered Liverpool. They were lucky against Chelsea, lucky Newcastle didn't turn the screw when they had an extra man and lucky Wolves didn't put the game to bed in the first half against them.

I don't think this should be harder than Woolwich away. They literally have no 6. We should be walking straight through their midfield.

The issue in the past is that, like against Woolwich, we tend to shit the bed at certain points of the game. We actually tend to do really well in spells against Liverpool in games, even at our worst, but we can never seem to create that chance.

I would actually be disappointed if we lost this. I think a draw would be a good result but I really don't think a win is out of the question here. If everyone is fit, I see no reasons as to why we can't put them to the sword.

They won't come to ours and try to win a fair fight.

Expect nasty tackles on Maddison and Bissouma, expect Klopp on the officials all game doing the full song and dance unpunished. They want to dictate the periods of the game when they have the juice to be intense and then foul and cheat to slow the game and fuck things up when they need to rest.
They will also be asking for a penalty from the first to last contact in the box.

I don't think any other team cheats as much as Liverpool do against us.

A win here would be massive given we've got a fairly favourable run to December:

Luton (A)
Fulham (H)
Palace (A)
Chelsea (H)
Wolves (A)
Villa (A)

All very winnable before a tough 3 games to kick off December.

So many bloody away games!

So from our first eleven games, just four are at home.

:ange-hmm:
Villa game is at home so we’ll have played 5 out of 11 at home after the villa game

I detest the scousers nearly as much as the goons and chavs. They are cheats but get away with it time and time again.
I would relish a win against this lot, just to wipe the grin of that gurning idiot on the sideline.
And just for once, can we have a decent ref please??!!

Train strikes have absolutely fucked me getting back from the match and might have to cancel going now. Utter utter cunts......especially as I think we will do well in this game, because they will under estimate us.
Luckily the Mrs' parents live in Finsbury Park, so she'll drive down to there, where my daughter and I can get the tube. Then she'll drive us all back after.

This will be a whole lot harder than the Woolwich game.

Liverpool are no mugs and they actually have players that can do the business.

A win here would be seismic.

Got to go back 6 years for our last win against them either home or away and we've taken just two points off them in the last 11 games.

2 points out of 33.
I disagree with this being harder because Liverpool don’t keep the ball as well and we are at home but this is still a massive test. Liverpool rely on pace going forward which defensively we can deal with any team as Porro,Romero,VDV and Udogie are all very quick. I’d rather we play against that than a City or Woolwich who can pass and move you. We also dealt with that well enough.
I do think Liverpool are better than they were last year but apart from City there is not one team better than us.

So from our first eleven games, just four are at home.

:ange-hmm:

Bloody levy and his NFL matches causing disruption.

Although those home games on the run in could be very handy.

Edit. Not even sure it’s to do with the NFL. We play luton away and then international break

Think it’s due to us playing two away games early on v Bournemouth then Burnley - which seemed a bit weird at the time. Woolwich played 2 home games in a row so that will be reversed at some point hopefully.

But playing 4 home and 6 away from the first 10 league games.
(Maybe counted Fulham away which was the cup as game 11).

Last edited:
This feels like a massive game.

We have been pretty shit in the top 6 head to heads in recent seasons.

But

3 points v united
1 point v woolwich.
3 points against this bunch of Assholes and things are looking very positive.

Similar GD. Also unbeaten. On paper should be a close game. Be nice if it turned into one of those games where we slap them up a bit.

4-1 Spurs. Let’s be positive.

COYS.

I detest the scousers nearly as much as the goons and chavs. They are cheats but get away with it time and time again.
I would relish a win against this lot, just to wipe the grin of that gurning idiot on the sideline.
And just for once, can we have a decent ref please??!!

The irony is, he only starts grinning when he’s losing

Luckily the Mrs' parents live in Finsbury Park, so she'll drive down to there, where my daughter and I can get the tube. Then she'll drive us all back after.

I'm taking a mate who I havent seen for over a year so was really looking forward to it. Will have to either pay for a hour's taxi ride or just not drink and take the car instead. Not the end of the world, but bloody annoying and a lot more expensive nonetheless.

Fucking horse head prick
His teeth have always reminded me of Bingo from The Banana Splits.

Ask your (grand)parents, you young 'uns

bingo-driving-fast.gif

Back
Top Bottom