Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's embarrassing.

Another implosion against our bitter rivals when they were on the floor with the manager under pressure following another humiliating home defeat to Brentford .

While we had a golden chance to put some distance between ourselves and the pack and capitalise on the weekends good fortune.

We blew it. Pure and simple. Bottled it.

Dr Tottenham in all his glory.

The reaction from some of our fans has been absolutely cringeworthty
You’re back!! What brought you back to us buddy? Surely a coincidence that it’s our first loss!

It's so depressing how we managed to engineer a 4-1 defeat considering the form of the two teams going into the game.

We didn't just lose, we repeated the same old mistakes we make every time we play them.

I really don't think that's the case at all.........

Sure, one could line it to The Battle of The Bridge in someways..... But it's not reflective of the majority of our games against them.

In the time since and including Poch we've had:

- The 5-3 & 3-1 games where we've absolutely mullered them,
- The attritional, but fairly straight fwd 2-0 win against them at home last season.
- A gutsy b-team win where we came from behind to force pens and win in the LC last season.
- The away EPL draw last season where we played badly but still Conte-balled and shit-housed ourselves a cheeky point.
- Then cup final where we were winning; the better team for over an hour and them Hazard just came on and blew us away from the bench.
- Plus, way too many games where we've simply been limp no-shows.

I’d even raise you

Why the actual fuck are these panelists?

Serves zero purpose from what I call tell.

Solution:

2 men.
2 screens.
No pitchside TV BS.

If the 2 x VARs both disagree with the ref then over-ride him. If not; as you were.

Whatever way you slice that; majority rules.

Simple.

Last edited:
Solution:

2 men.
2 screens.
No pitchside TV BS.

If the 2 x VARs both disagree with the ref then over-ride him.

Simple.

Agree.

Fuck all this clear and obvious error bollox.

Was it the right call?

And they have 60secs to review it. If they aren’t sure after that, move on.

Open Mics the moment the game stops for the whole arena and broadcast to hear

Solution:

2 men.
2 screens.
No pitchside TV BS.

If the 2 x VARs both disagree with the ref then over-ride him.

Simple.
Much too simple. FA red tape demands convoluted processes , ie. making simple tasks hard. Its how the suits and troglodytes justify their existence

Still so deflated after this game I still can’t sleep - I didn’t seriously believe we were title contenders but I seriously did for 20 euphoric seconds when sonny scored that spectacular 2nd - not bothered about the loss but the injuries and suspensions make even top 4 look daunting

A few observations on the aftermath of the game:

- VAR is ruining football

- if oliver is the best ref we have we are in trouble - I do think he has an unconscious bias against us - probably goes back to the dark arts of the mourhino days but I’ve felt it for the last few times he has reffed us.

- we are so lucky (as is the premier lge) to have ange he is a class act would follow him to the national league south

- so proud to be a yid thought us fans were brilliant COYS

How is that connected them finding Guimaraes should have seen red for the same thing as Reece James?

Or you just want to make your own point regardless of the context?

I replied to what you said about them checking our game.

Havertz was red. Guimaraes was red. Reece-James was red. Udogie was red (the two footed slide) and as was Romero kicking someone that got nothing.

If they do check our game, Reece-James won’t be the only error that gets picked up.

Last edited:
How is that connected them finding Guimaraes should have seen red for the same thing as Reece James?

Or you just want to make your own point regardless of the context?

INCIDENT: Reece James led with his elbow when jumping for a header with Udogie, and caught him in the face. VAR has a look - but does not recommend a red card.

DERMOT SAYS: "He's always looking at the ball and using his arm as a lever to get up. He hasn't thrown it back as a weapon.

"It's looked at, you can understand why it's looked at, but you can see there wasn't an act of violence in it."

Guimaraes elbow had a lot more venom in it.

I replied to what you said about them checking our game.

Havertz was red. Guimaraes was red. Reece-James was red. Udogie was red (the two footed slide) and as was Romero kicking someone that got nothing.

If they do check our game, Reece-James won’t be the only error that gets picked up.

Agree with the bold parts.

Romero could have got red for the kick out. Wouldv'e been very harsh but can't complain when you lash out like that.

INCIDENT: Reece James led with his elbow when jumping for a header with Udogie, and caught him in the face. VAR has a look - but does not recommend a red card.

DERMOT SAYS: "He's always looking at the ball and using his arm as a lever to get up. He hasn't thrown it back as a weapon.

"It's looked at, you can understand why it's looked at, but you can see there wasn't an act of violence in it."

Guimaraes elbow had a lot more venom in it.

Dermot has just sided with his pal.

James knew what he was doing.

Dermot has just sided with his pal.

James knew what he was doing.

Dermot goes against on-field decisions all of the time. It wasn't a red, I didn't think so at the time as there wasn't clear intent, and still don't.

Guimaraes one imo is still borderline but you can see him throw it with a lot more force.

Poch must be laughing his head off.

All week last week there was talk about booing and abuse from us. He beats us and we end up with loads of injuries and suspensions

It feels like horrible karma

Back
Top Bottom