Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ll ask any fucking questions I want.

Especially as I didn’t ask you shit.

You want me not to ask you questions? No problem. I won’t reply to any thing from you.
you know when you ask questions on here that everyone can see them - right?

someone made a valid point and you asked a daft question and patronised the answer.

Am I supposed to then trawl the internet to make sure there isn't a massive backstory to everything you post?

Before you give smug and smarmy answers, take a look and see if what you post is open to interpretation, or even misinterpretation. Its as much the posters responsibility to provide clarity, as it is the readers to understand whats being said.

you know when you ask questions on here that everyone can see them - right?

someone made a valid point and you asked a daft question and patronised the answer.

Am I supposed to then trawl the internet to make sure there isn't a massive backstory to everything you post?

Before you give smug and smarmy answers, take a look and see if what you post is open to interpretation, or even misinterpretation. Its as much the posters responsibility to provide clarity, as it is the readers to understand whats being said.

Fair enough.

I was being intentionally cuntish because to me the OP was overblown doom mongering and told you so.

Just wanted to get the point across that we lost one game and had some bad luck, now is not the time for bed wetting.

If you didn’t read that context you’d think I was just being a cunt.

Yeah lovely.

The only problem is that they are only going to ref better for the clubs with the power to make their life harder in the media.

Ange having integrity is a win for him and our perception. It’s not stopping these twats letting teams kick the shit out of Maddison every week.
I disagree
It is human nature to be more open and accommodating to people who are sympathetic to your cause and the things that keep you awake at night.

Crowds that sing abuse to referees do the exact opposite and I suspect that managers and clubs who try to initiate action against their refereeing of games are more likely to do the same.

I don't think for a minute that they will do anything that can be construed as favouritism

Fair enough.

I was being intentionally cuntish because to me the OP was overblown doom mongering and told you so.

Just wanted to get the point across that we lost one game and had some bad luck, now is not the time for bed wetting.

If you didn’t read that context you’d think I was just being a cunt.
I wouldn't go that far, I just felt it wasn't an unfair point to make about Wolves potential threat. One thing we all accept is that we don't have a great squad depth, and that we have lost two outstanding central defenders for the next 3 games.

What did give me hope was that Dier and Hojberg fitted straight into the MO that we've been operating and neither looked out of their depth.

But I'm with you on the doom mongers, as long as we can keep a full team on the pitch for the whole game then I see no reason to start jumping out of skyscrapers.

When am I allowed to stop being furious at Monday's result...?

I KNOW we'll learn from this, and grow from it... And be better NEXT time...

But right now, it feels like ALL those fucking games from years gone by where, no matter what we did, or how well we played, those Nazi Racist Anti-semite Cunts ALWAYS got the better of us... and gloatingly Zeig Heiled their way home laughing and hissing about it.

JUSTICE WASN'T DONE!
we're still their bitches...

Until WE win the league, or THEY get relegated... Nothing will redress the balance...

Abramowich.... You dirty filthy Oligarch cunt...
You sold your rancid soul to the most despicable Nazi fanbase club in England... For what? A bit of West London real estate ...
To REWARD them with YEARS of success!

Fuck you!

Your dead Grandparents must be spinning like a fan in their holocaust graves....

Shame on you!
YOU'RE exactly why people hate the Jews!!!

I'm Jewish, and I hate cunts like you too!!

You're worse than Kanye West is to the black community....

Last edited:
I still think we should have had a penalty.

Caicedo on Son just before Udogie got his yellow.
Caicedo wasn't looking at the ball when marking son from the corner, just had his arms wrapped around him.
Son was too kind, he should have stayed down and asked for a penalty. That's what I hate about the rules now, player's honesty doesn't get rewarded. You have to cheat to get the right call made.

If anyone can put a clip of the incident you'll see its a penalty clear as day, it also makes the Udogie flash point redundant as it ends the move from that point onwards.

When am I allowed to stop being furious at Monday's result...?

I KNOW we'll learn from this, and grow from it... And be better NEXT time...

You can stop whenever you want, be it when we finish above them, when we get revenge at the Bridge or when we win something.

We're 12 games in to the Ange Postecoglu, he's done very well, but the reality is we've a long way to go. We have to grow up and we need more depth, we knew this before Monday.

I'm not going to tell you that losing to Chelsea doesn't hurt but you might remember that eternity at the Lane where we never beat them, you might recall hoping for a point, it wasn't that long ago. Things are better now, which is what makes the loss feel more disappointing.

Be annoyed about Romero making a stupid challenge or Udogie putting himself in trouble, be appalled by their fans and their cast of horrific owners, it makes no odds, we've lost to a team because of too much aggression and some fine margins, that's going to happen occasionally, it's early days, we'll be ok.

It's so depressing how we managed to engineer a 4-1 defeat considering the form of the two teams going into the game.

We didn't just lose, we repeated the same old mistakes we make every time we play them.

I think if any manager can galvanize the players and improve them, so they are cold blooded under pressure, then surely Ange can.
Under his leadership I reckon it won't be long.
We get persistently fouled all game, every game by everyone so there is no shortage of ammo to use. If we keep our cool, it's the other teams that will be down players not us.
I really believe no matter what they throw at us with Ange we are going to grow and get stronger, harder to beat.

The dipper game was a rarity in that their dirty players were rightfully punished... But because of the VAR goal fuckup, it's all been deemed a fuckup and we / and / or the league is corrupt! As if in a million years Spurs would benefit from corruption 😂

I still think we should have had a penalty.

Caicedo on Son just before Udogie got his yellow.
Caicedo wasn't looking at the ball when marking son from the corner, just had his arms wrapped around him.
Son was too kind, he should have stayed down and asked for a penalty. That's what I hate about the rules now, player's honesty doesn't get rewarded. You have to cheat to get the right call made.

If anyone can put a clip of the incident you'll see its a penalty clear as day, it also makes the Udogie flash point redundant as it ends the move from that point onwards.
It’s at 17.22 on the game clock. From picture the ref was looking directly at it. Astonishing that such a blatant hold on Son by Caicedo was not even checked by VAR at the time.

Yeah lovely.

The only problem is that they are only going to ref better for the clubs with the power to make their life harder in the media.

Ange having integrity is a win for him and our perception. It’s not stopping these twats letting teams kick the shit out of Maddison every week.
The thing to do is that before the game, Sonny talks to the ref and politely asks him to keep a look out on the kicking of Madders. No need to make a massive thing about it. The seed is then planted. The ref will automatically be checking Madders throughout the game . We used to do things like that all the time when I was playing sports and it generally works.

It’s at 17.22 on the game clock. From picture the ref was looking directly at it. Astonishing that such a blatant hold on Son by Caicedo was not even checked by VAR at the time.
They were too busy gearing themselves up for checking everything ELSE from then on!

The thing to do is that before the game, Sonny talks to the ref and politely asks him to keep a look out on the kicking of Madders. No need to make a massive thing about it. The seed is then planted. The ref will automatically be checking Madders throughout the game . We used to do things like that all the time when I was playing sports and it generally works.
He'd probably book him fir dissent!!

The SEED has been planted years ago by the likes of Klopp, Arteta, even Fergie if you go back far enough!!

We've held our council, kept our mouths shut... and the ONLY time we looked like getting ahead of ourselves was the 2-2 "Battle of the Bridge"... and look where THAT got us?

Personally, I think the ref was waiting for ANYTHING Romero did, as 'belated punishment' for the hair pull he got away with last season...

Don't think they don't rack these things up...
It wasn't punished then, but it certainly was Monday.

Romero is just a naive fool for doing ANYTHING they could punish him for!

From my chav nephew;

"Wow 😮 never seen a game like it! That just showed how far away from you we are, never seen a team want to give someone the game like you did and never seen a team make such a meal of taking the game its like neither team wanted the win!
It’s one of those that’s embarrassing to win"

Apparently, maybe, perhaps, it might appear that not all of them are deluded cunts.

But I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom