SPURS v MOSCOW ...battle for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play to all that went for what was a dead rubber. 60 plus k is a great turn out and shows the real size of the support rather than the day trippers who come along when we are actually in the competition.

I still don't know how Spurs got on. Don't like the way we've been playing lately.
I want some Redknapp football to get me interested again.
What you need is a good lobotomy then you can join the bin dippers club

How did we not get 7 or 8? Anyway, onwards and upwards, If we're in the Europa, then let's go out and win it. Lovely to see Toby on the pitch, what a reception.

Fair play to all that went for what was a dead rubber. 60 plus k is a great turn out and shows the real size of the support rather than the day trippers who come along when we are actually in the competition.

It was mainly in the upper tiers that there were empty seats, in the lower section definitely felt quite full. Which probably bodes well for when we're there next season.

To those digging out fans that didnt go , i would say that football is not cheap , its bloody expensive in fact and people have to pick and choose sometimes , our pathetic showing in this competition up til last night is far more shameful in my opinion

To those digging out fans that didnt go , i would say that football is not cheap , its bloody expensive in fact and people have to pick and choose sometimes , our pathetic showing in this competition up til last night is far more shameful in my opinion
Absolutely spot on, those pricks having a pop will defend the manager who played weakened sides when it mattered as well.

Absolute hamptons.

It was pleasing to see them take it seriously. We can still win European silverware this season so we should go for it.

Does make you wonder though. Full strength this game but weakened when qualification was on the line v Monaco. Still baffling.

Perhaps the manager was looking at the league situation and felt like our best chance of Champions League next year was to win the Europa League? I'd really hope it wasn't on his mind, but if we go on to win the Europa League it will have been the best thing to happen to us this season.

Out of curiosity, which English sides will be with us in the Europa league last 32 as things stand?

Perhaps the manager was looking at the league situation and felt like our best chance of Champions League next year was to win the Europa League? I'd really hope it wasn't on his mind, but if we go on to win the Europa League it will have been the best thing to happen to us this season.

Out of curiosity, which English sides will be with us in the Europa league last 32 as things stand?

United and Southampton isn't it, not really paid that much notice as we were not in it. To the fans moaning about EL, it is a far easier chance for a trophy than winning the PL. It also offers CL qualification, the FA Cup gives us Europa only.

For those moaning about extra games and cost. I took my boys for the first time last night and they absolutely loved it. Now additional playing in the EL will offer us more chances of going to see Spurs as it's hard enough trying to get tickets for lower capacity WHL. Also the pricing strategy was spot on and not as expensive as trying to see a league game.

There are plenty of people that do not get the opportunity to see Spurs week in, week out and having extra fixtures gives them the chance to go.

And is coincidentally the capacity of our new stadium of course. Sounds a good fit.

Agree... the 62,034 that showed up (Tourists aside) prove what a great core support we have... even for a 'dead rubber' (which of course, it wasn't, if you covet European Competition like many... even if it's the the UEFA Cup!!)

Shame the new ground 'only' holds 61,000... there's gonna be 1,034 very disappointed fans who miss out!!
:pochsulk:

Looking down from the upper tiers, there was plenty of empty seats down below. I guessed there was about 50000 there so was pleasantly surprised it was 62000. Glad i went and thought the atmosphere and noise generated was good with so many empty seats. Tobys first touch got the biggest cheer of the night, which was great. On the minus side someone behind us kept dropping their guts and it smelt like they kept pulling a rat out of their arse, still i've learnt i can hold my breath longer than i thought. Don't blame people for not buying tickets for last night but the people that did but couldn't be bothered to go, well they can do one, fucking fair weather fans.

Looking down from the upper tiers, there was plenty of empty seats down below. I guessed there was about 50000 there so was pleasantly surprised it was 62000. Glad i went and thought the atmosphere and noise generated was good with so many empty seats. Tobys first touch got the biggest cheer of the night, which was great. On the minus side someone behind us kept dropping their guts and it smelt like they kept pulling a rat out of their arse, still i've learnt i can hold my breath longer than i thought. Don't blame people for not buying tickets for last night but the people that did but couldn't be bothered to go, well they can do one, fucking fair weather fans.

All this sanctimonious bollocks is doing my head in. Fairly confident I've been to more games than most this season home and away yet apparently I'm now not a real fan.

I've got a hell of alot on my plate to get done before the end of the year and didn't see why I should have to put myself out for a fairly meaningless game when the team couldn't be arsed for the other 5. If it makes you feel important though, carry on

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom