Spurs to play in Sydney??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope we play in Sydney. Just as I'm delighted to see the beautiful game blossom in the States, ditto in the Land of Oz.

I'm too old to emigrate now, but to live in a lovely climate like Australia and have a proper football culture there as well, why t'would be very heaven.

Well Western Sydney Wanderers won their first Asian Champions League group stage game last night,
So it looks a little more likely that the opponent we would play would be Sydney FC.
because ACL round of 16 is around the end of May

I went to the Seattle pre-season and it was well lively.

Unfortunately the locals got a lot of the songs wrong but it was good - plus you can drink (and I think that's the same in Oz) which always helps. Recon it would be good.
You can drink inside the stadium,
however it's 3.5% alc. midstrength crap and costs about $7,
fucking rort, so most of the drinking is done outside before the game

If its anything like the Liverpool game a couple of years ago which I was lucky enough to attend, then it won't be a spurs away end, you could easily see there being 60+k spurs fans with the rest made up of other football fans who want to see a largish prem team with Sydney fans making up at most 10-20 percent? Of course I don't know how they'll arrange ticketing and I'm not sure that there is 60000 spurs fans in Aus, let alone Sydney, but that's how I see it happening. If there is that many, could be a decent indicator as to how good the new stadium will be when it is finished.
Juventus got about 60K in Sydney last year from memory.
majority of the crowd were in Juve jerseys and the rest would've been average fans going to see some big name players or italians going to see an italian team
Because spurs are from england, I reckon that we would get a similar type crowd.
Spurs fans then premier league fans then english people then just normal people seeing what is going on

Saw spurs shirts on sale in Rebel Sport in Blacktown today...
probably one of the few times that I've seen spurs shirts in a Rebel sport.

A much better look than seeing Woolwich training shirts

Not too bad,

2hs5bh5.jpg

I can't remember if I am an ozspurs member or not, I got this email.
either way the ozspurs.com website has crashed

Spurs are on their way to Sydney!!
Tottenham Hotspur vs Sydney FC - Saturday 30th of May

The Australia Spurs Committee is delighted to officially confirm that SPURS ARE ON THEIR WAY TO SYDNEY!

Over the past few weeks ANZ Stadium and THFC have been working hard to create the best possible experience for Spurs fans in Australia, as well as those in New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and the rest of Asia.

We will have lots of exciting news to announce over the coming weeks as talks progress between ourselves, THFC and ANZ Stadium. Australia Spurs Members will receive priority access to certain events for this tour. To be eligible for these events, you must be registered through our website – it only costs $15 to join: click here to join now.

Ticket Information
ANZ Stadium have allocated a Spurs Fans supporters section – they’ve even named the section ‘Park Lane’ in homage to one of the most passionate areas of White Hart Lane. Park Lane will be in the southern stand of ANZ Stadium behind the goal. Sydney FC fans will be in the northern stand. Australia Spurs Members will have first access to purchase tickets in Park Lane.

If you or your company wishes to purchase any corporate hospitality, ANZ Stadium are selling packages now so you don’t have to wait for the pre-sale or general sale. You can contact Australia Spurs Member Chris on [email protected] to book private suites and open air corporate boxes.

All details show the major commitment by ANZ Stadium to create a special atmosphere on the night.

Presale Password
We are delighted to offer Australia Spurs Members first access to tickets for this special match. Members will be able to access the password on our website from 9am AEDT, Monday the 9th of March, ‘the password will also be emailed to all current members at the same time.

This password will allow you to purchase tickets in either Category A or the Park Lane from 10am AEDT, Monday the 9th of March

. We have approximately 1500 tickets for sale in this pre-sale.

Last edited:
Shame there wasn't more notice for this - I'd have jumped at the chance to go back to Sydney.

Chuffed for a few friends out in Australia though, great opportunity for them to see Spurs on their 'doorstep'. Still a massive journey for most outside of Sydney.

Back
Top Bottom