Spurs to play in Sydney??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've never been to the triple aces bar for a spurs game but didn't the new lockout laws around pubs in the city screw them over? mainly for the games that start between 2 and 6 am?

It's the end of the season too, so the players should go out for a drink, all I want to do is buy Harry Kane a beer

They don't serve gone 3am I think, and yes they enforce the 1:30am lockout .

true, he will have england internationals to play soon after.

Adebayor will come out to blacktown and party with all of the other africans.
(and no that is not racist, for those of you out there that don't know, there is an actual place in sydney called blacktown, and a lot of newly migrated africans do live there, no joke lol)

Yep, follow Ozspurs, every spurs game at Triple Aces Bar - Elizabeth St Sydney City just up from Central Railway Station.
Get there for the Capital Cup if can't do other games. Join Ozspurs as a member to ensure entry as we expect towards 500 for the cup.
But don't the lockout laws screw that up?
or does the pub get a special after hours license?

Anyone care to venture a guess as to how many serious Spurs fans (ie. Singing) you could expect in the away end?

If its anything like the Liverpool game a couple of years ago which I was lucky enough to attend, then it won't be a spurs away end, you could easily see there being 60+k spurs fans with the rest made up of other football fans who want to see a largish prem team with Sydney fans making up at most 10-20 percent? Of course I don't know how they'll arrange ticketing and I'm not sure that there is 60000 spurs fans in Aus, let alone Sydney, but that's how I see it happening. If there is that many, could be a decent indicator as to how good the new stadium will be when it is finished.

Anyone care to venture a guess as to how many serious Spurs fans (ie. Singing) you could expect in the away end?

I went to the Seattle pre-season and it was well lively.

Unfortunately the locals got a lot of the songs wrong but it was good - plus you can drink (and I think that's the same in Oz) which always helps. Recon it would be good.

Back
Top Bottom