Sporting CP vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 13th September 2022 @17:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On my mobile it says next match postponed
On the website (I'm using a laptop) it doesn't. You'll be giving Mrs P palpitations!

G2CTPvr.png

I am using windows desktop if you click on fixtures at the very top it's showing next match Sporting "postponed" but when you scroll down to actual fixtures and results it's showing the match as 17:45 KO Tuesday.
My guess is that the "postponed" for Man C game they forgot to remove it for next fixture, won't be the first error on the website or the app or on Spursplay, think they need an IT expert at the club.

I am using windows desktop if you click on fixtures at the very top it's showing next match Sporting "postponed" but when you scroll down to actual fixtures and results it's showing the match as 17:45 KO Tuesday.
My guess is that the "postponed" for Man C game they forgot to remove it for next fixture, won't be the first error on the website or the app or on Spursplay, think they need an IT expert at the club.
After what happened last year I can’t imagine they would voluntarily postpone, only if forced to do so.

Last edited:
If the CL games are postponed at such late notice, the English teams should forfeit points, as other teams had to do during covid.

Obviously, there is no rational reason for postponement but you never know.

I dare say they had the 'match postponed' page up & ready, just in case - and someone hit the green button by mistake, which doesn't explain why it only appeared on some laptops (different browsers, or something to do with caching? just guessing here - can a techy person enlighten me?)

Man C beat Sporting 5-0 in Lisbon last season's CL , a defeat here for us would be a very disappointing result regardless of any squad additions Sporting have made since then.

Would like to see Kulu, Kane & Richy up front for this one, Sonny has been a bit off his game so far and his tackling back not the greatest.

Back
Top Bottom