Sporting CP vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 13th September 2022 @17:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No it doesn't, it says right there that the chance of us winning is 48% vs only 26% for Sporting and 26% for a draw. So they think a Spurs win is almost twice as likely as either of the other options and the chance we avoid defeat is 74%.

Reminds me of an old boss I had. Tried to convince me that’s it better to have 1 x loan @60% APR than 5 credit cards @25% APR.

As the 5 credit cards totalled 125%.

Went blue in the face telling him that’s not how APR works.

81JFumgnTAL.jpg

I dare say they had the 'match postponed' page up & ready, just in case - and someone hit the green button by mistake, which doesn't explain why it only appeared on some laptops (different browsers, or something to do with caching? just guessing here - can a techy person enlighten me?)
Thank gawd it wasn't the RED BUTTON!!!

Last edited:
Lloris
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Emerson - Hojbjerg - Bentancur - Perisic
Kulusevski - Richarlison
Kane

I know Conte is trying to play Sonny into form, but Kulu doesn't deserve to miss out due to that. Give Son the Leicester game, he likes a goal against them. Wouldn't be against Doherty or Spence coming in, but I think we'll see one of them vs Leicester.

Strange that Lisbon has the same time as the uk & it’s a 5:45 KO
Spain used to as well, it's how the line of longitude goes, with most of the country falling within the GMT zone.

Franco changed it during Hitler's time to be more in step with what he thought was the "new Europe". Every couple of years there's mumblings about changing it back but there's a lot of pushback from the bar and restaurant trade who benefit from it being lighter for longer.

Incidentally, the Canary Islands are firmly in the GMT zone and stayed that way even after Franco's change, meaning that when the the time is read out on the radio here they always have to add "una hora menos en Canarias" ("One hour less in the Canary Islands")

Map-of-Europe-289x400.png

Spain used to as well, it's how the line of longitude goes, with most of the country falling within the GMT zone.

Franco changed it during Hitler's time to be more in step with what he thought was the "new Europe". Every couple of years there's mumblings about changing it back but there's a lot of pushback from the bar and restaurant trade who benefit from it being lighter for longer.

Incidentally, the Canary Islands are firmly in the GMT zone and stayed that way even after Franco's change, meaning that when the the time is read out on the radio here they always have to add "una hora menos en Canarias" ("One hour less in the Canary Islands")

Map-of-Europe-289x400.png
Twas more of why is it an early KO , I thought it was generally for Eastern European games

Back
Top Bottom