Southampton vs Spursy Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking forward to this I always try and get to 3 away games a season with my 13 yr old , and courtesy of a STH mate, I was able to go to this one........I can get to St Mary's from Walton on Thames quicker than I can WHL......
Go to the saints web page, there's directions to which station is nearest and if you drive , car share as parking is hard, , it even directs you to a local pub that is for away fans.......quality from them for that.......
Anyway, if anyone wants 2 passengers and can pick us up from junc 11 on M25...... Then fantastic

A lot of Saints fans haven't been happy since at least the days of Hoddle's departure to us. Some are probably still annoyed about us grabbing Chivers off them in the 60s.:)

Whether they like it or not, and why should they like it :D, we're a much bigger club than them. We're probably about as far ahead of them as Woolwich are in front of us. A few simple facts tell a story that could be easily fleshed out if necessary. Spurs 17 major trophies, Soton 1. That's probably enough to state the chasm between us and them.

But a few more facts illustrate the point, we have won 8 major trophies since they last won their only one way back in 1976. We have way more top flight points then them, both in the Prem and Div 1, and a much larger income and fanbase.

For me we're battling for 6th place in the hierarchy with Everton and Villa (a key reason why I'm supporting Woolwich in the FA Cup final), while Soton are battling round about the 12th place with the likes of West Ham and Sunderland.

For me we're battling for 6th place in the hierarchy with Everton and Villa (a key reason why I'm supporting Woolwich in the FA Cup final)
giphy.gif

Well that got a bit lively :) But I stand by my view 100%.

Villa are far closer to us in status than Woolwich, and it is eminently arguable that if they win the FA Cup that will mean they become the clear 6th biggest club in the country. It will also embarrass even more those who spent so long slagging off Sherwood, but that's another matter. We will never catch Woolwich while ENIC are in charge, but I don't want us overtaken by Villa, (or indeed West Ham who may become another threat with the OS).

It's not my fault ENIC have led us into the trophy drought that now sees Villa threatening our status in the hierarchy. Had we the type of billionaire benefactor that I so want and yet many don't want, then Villa wouldn't be the threat they now are. :coys:

A lot of Saints fans haven't been happy since at least the days of Hoddle's departure to us. Some are probably still annoyed about us grabbing Chivers off them in the 60s.:)

Whether they like it or not, and why should they like it :D, we're a much bigger club than them. We're probably about as far ahead of them as Woolwich are in front of us. A few simple facts tell a story that could be easily fleshed out if necessary. Spurs 17 major trophies, Soton 1. That's probably enough to state the chasm between us and them.

But a few more facts illustrate the point, we have won 8 major trophies since they last won their only one way back in 1976. We have way more top flight points then them, both in the Prem and Div 1, and a much larger income and fanbase.

For me we're battling for 6th place in the hierarchy with Everton and Villa (a key reason why I'm supporting Woolwich in the FA Cup final), while Soton are battling round about the 12th place with the likes of West Ham and Sunderland.
You're gonna need to explain that last bit Greavsie 'cause I can't for the life of me understand why you'd do that???

Well that got a bit lively :) But I stand by my view 100%.

Villa are far closer to us in status than Woolwich, and it is eminently arguable that if they win the FA Cup that will mean they become the clear 6th biggest club in the country. It will also embarrass even more those who spent so long slagging off Sherwood, but that's another matter. We will never catch Woolwich while ENIC are in charge, but I don't want us overtaken by Villa, (or indeed West Ham who may become another threat with the OS).

It's not my fault ENIC have led us into the trophy drought that now sees Villa threatening our status in the hierarchy. Had we the type of billionaire benefactor that I so want and yet many don't want, then Villa wouldn't be the threat they now are. :coys:
Villa are no more a threat to us whether or not they win the FA cup. They have an owner who wants rid. If any club deserve the label 'sleeping giant' it's them and it has nothing to do with ENIC.

:chadliblow:

You're gonna need to explain that last bit Greavsie 'cause I can't for the life of me understand why you'd do that???
Hi DF, I explained it in the post, but I've since given a fuller explanation. It's all about the relative status of us, Villa and Woolwich.

There's also the Europa League to consider. Now I'm not too bothered about that as I don't think Poch knows how to balance the priorities properly. But IF he sees sense and we don't get another Florentine fiasco, for example, then I might want Villa to win for EL considerations too, but certainly it's about the 'bigger club' aspect for me.

Villa are no more a threat to us whether or not they win the FA cup. They have an owner who wants rid. If any club deserve the label 'sleeping giant' it's them and it has nothing to do with ENIC.

:chadliblow:
Have to disagree DF. As you can see from this http://www.krysstal.com/trophies.html Villa already lead us in the trophy table, and an FA Cup will not only put them further ahead, it will mean they have a more recent trophy than us. To make things a little worse, this is the FA Cup we're talking about, our last two trophies have been the most minor of the majors, the Lge Cup.

For me Villa winning the FA Cup means they have a very strong claim to be the 6th biggest club. (City have fewer trophies, but they are still ahead of Villa for me, because they have Prem titles to their credit plus a far bigger income, which puts them ahead for me).

And of course, all the above re trophy comparisons is directly relevant to ENIC as they have 'led' us to our worst trophy drought since the 1930s!

Back
Top Bottom