Southampton (A) - 28th Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kyle Walker and Jan Vertonghen both miss the next game though, will both be big losses. Trippier will come in for Walker and I hope Alderweireld is back for that game.
C0zEGwrW8AAZvrK.jpg

Very good performance & win.
Tough place to go especially when they go 1 up so soon.

Poch got his team selection & tactics spot on.
Our bench looked the strongest it has in a while.
Bringing on winks, son & janssen isn't bad.

Everyone at least a 7 out of 10.
Rose was superb as always.
Jan & wanyama so solid .
Alli & eriksen seem like they are back in form now. Dembele ran the show
Sissoko was good again & seems to be fitting in.
Good to see kane score after a huge 3 games without one. 3 games is a drought now!

4pts from our next 2 games would be a good return.
I'll take a stab in the dark and guess you didn't predict a win?

Probably noshing off Klopp and Liverpool instead.

The really silly thing is that we often win after conceding first, because it gets us to raise our game. I took it as a good sign and it was.

I was thinking summit similar when Kane skied the Pen... at 3-1 up at around the hour mark we'd have thought game over and drooped our guard...
And it would only have taken 1 Southampton goal to get them back in it... and plenty of time to get it in...

As it was, we kept our full concentration at 2-1... then when the 3rd went in, we let THEM mentally concede the game, and bang..m in goes the 4th!

Textbook game killer!

We did it BEAUTIFULLY tonight Tubbs...!

6 points from Watford and Chelsea would make things very interesting.

Interesting to see how Poch has worked on us having a slow build up as a plan b to the much lambasted single plan of high press and break quickly, it's taking time to look effective but is getting there

Danny Rose may have balloons on his door one day at this rate too.

Fuck the haters.

You should have a look on kumb then. ( today's matches )They reckon we are worse then Wimbledon, Dele dived for the pen etc etc etc, they're not bitter much..
I generally rely on you mate for my WHam news. My neighbour is working away in Winchester at the moment, so my main source of hilarity is absent. Yep. We were dead lucky winning 4-1 away from home against an in form team that had only lost once at home this season against the runaway leaders.

:harrysmile:

Lloris 6 - ok some crazy distribution
Walker 7 - worked hard
Dier 7 - pretty solid mostly
Verts 8 - seems his old self recently
Rose 8.5 - love him what a player
Waynama 8.5 - dominate
Dembele 6 - some good some bad
Eriksen 7 - pretty decent
Sissoko 7 - yeh reasonable
Alli 8.5 - such a goalscorer
Kane 6 - not his best but brilliant goal
Mike Dean 10 - MOTM what a performance almost like we had 12 players, what a legend.

Great win and at 2-1 up and on top we should have won even if penalty had not been given.
As I understand it if Dean gave a penalty then it was a red as Redman had no chance of getting the ball. There was minimal contact and watching it live I did not think penalty but thought it a bad miss by Dele. Did he dive? Well as he was ahead and in a good position he should have expected to score and I therefore rule out a dive. So if he did not dive and it looks like he stumbled and sliced his shot following some contact then it was a penalty. Be interested in hearing if the press get an ex ref to comment but as not crucial they may not bother.

Great win and at 2-1 up and on top we should have won even if penalty had not been given.
As I understand it if Dean gave a penalty then it was a red as Redman had no chance of getting the ball. There was minimal contact and watching it live I did not think penalty but thought it a bad miss by Dele. Did he dive? Well as he was ahead and in a good position he should have expected to score and I therefore rule out a dive. So if he did not dive and it looks like he stumbled and sliced his shot following some contact then it was a penalty. Be interested in hearing if the press get an ex ref to comment but as not crucial they may not bother.
Did he fuck dive. He was being pulled, clipped & then clattered into from behind. The initial fouls were outside the box so no penalty, but dele stayed on his feet until he was hauled down- which was in the box. I feel sorry for Dele with even his own fans keep questioning him. You want him to fuck off to a bigger club? Keep calm & carry on lads.

Back
Top Bottom