Southampton (A) - 28th Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

C0yzqSFWgAAn3Ee.jpg

Eriksen: Easy on the back there Eric!

Danish studio hosts livid. "Never a penalty". The studio "experts" will "make judgement" of the referees after the adds. And the dive of Dele, presumably.

Can't wait to see a bunch of non-licensed TV hosts give their "expert" opinion.

I thought the foul happened outside. Need to see it again.

Never in doubt...

Strong showing from many our of players tonight.

Eriksen, Dele, Sissoko, Rose all class.

Son with a great finish on the counter

Nice to see Ali finding his shooting boots/head again, Not gonna lie I did write sissoko off but he is proving me wrong, looked really good again today! Very impressed! Let's hope Toby is back for Watford as need him now Jan is banned. Fitting way to end the year! And WTF was that with the ball moving before the pen? Do they have a button they can press to do that??? :deledoubt:

Very very happy with that second half performance. Not the greatest starts with van Dijk scoring after a few minutes but after that, we pretty much bossed them. I still feel we aren't playing anywhere near as good as we can do and to be where we are in the league, playing how we are and just one point off 4th place, three points off 3rd whilst continuing to stay ahead of Man Utd despite their form is a great place to be in. Getting a win against Watford in the next game week is crucial, especially as it would be a fourth straight win with the momentum strong heading into the home game against Chelsea but no matter what we'll be making up points of Man City/Liverpool as they play each other.

Kyle Walker and Jan Vertonghen both miss the next game though, will both be big losses. Trippier will come in for Walker and I hope Alderweireld is back for that game, I feel a lot more comfortable with him in the side and I don't know if I'd be able to handle a Dier/Wimmer centre half pairing, though I would give Wimmer a start as Vertonghen replacement if Alderweireld is back.

1-4 away at Southampton is a damn good result though. Before today they had conceded 5 goals at home in the league ALL season and the last time they conceded at home before today was on the 30th October. I'm glad Kane got a goal after a mini drought, happy for Alli to make it 3 goals in his last 2 games and 6 in the league this season. Son showing he's a great option off the bench too. Danny Rose seems to be involved in a goal every single week, lovely assist for the fourth goal.

Bench wasn't that weak either. Son looked sharp everyone rate winks no lamella or alder...

Jensen should have been ready to come on sooner needed a few more mines then the fourth made it pointless.

New club record set as well, 71 points in a year, hopefully this is us finally moving into top gear, let's hope we now go on a nice little run of wins like this time last year, start by beating Watford and then smashing the chavs in out last PL game against them at the lane!

Back
Top Bottom