Sky Sports - Anti-Spurs bias?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is no bias, we just don't rate highly enough for them to focus on us. They will always tailor their coverage towards the majority audience, and there are just a lot more Woolwich or Liverpool or ManU types out there. But at the same time we aren't small enough that we can be the 'plucky underdogs' so we are stuck in this nothing-y middle ground where we only rarely threaten to do anything interesting and always disappoint in the end.
There's a bit of Sky bias against teams in the Europa League as that competition cuts across their revenue streams.

That also contributes to the narrative that the EL is a damaging distraction for clubs but other midweek competitions and lucrative friendlies are not.

Keflavic 15-1 Agg. He played in the 6-1 away leg.
PA_483858.jpg

Eddie Vedder played for Spurs?

Sky's commentary and show of the Tottenham-Liverpool game was the worst in their history of anti-Spurs bias.

Their studio was packed with ex-Liverpool players in Jamie Carragher & Rednapp, as well as host Kelly Dalglish daughter of "King" Kenny.

But apart from their one-sided opinion and post match analysis, the worst was from messers Martin Tyler and Gary Neville. Neville seems to be getting more extreme in his rants against Tottenham. This follows his soap box preaching regarding untruthful claims of racism by Chelsea's Rudiger who behaved like a nutter in that game and invented or chose to mishear any monkey chants which were simply boos for his play-acting getting Son sent off.

But VAR was absent from similar violent challenges from Robertson yet Sky's commentary dismissed both incidents.

Neville never made one positive comment in the whole Liverpool game, purring over them wasting time too frightened to attack Spurs, it was so nauseating. This is the same person who ran across the pitch to taunt Liverpool fans at Anfield. How he has changed.

Martin Tyler screamed "YES!" when Liverpool scored, then started to called himself ""neutral".

Sky have a new ploy - both commentators describe an incident and try to affect VAR. Unlike Rugby, football fans are not allowed to hear what the VAR officials are saying, it is so secretive. But I believe they have at least one monitor showing Sky's coverage and are listening to what Sky's commentary are saying.

Neville was quick to say the Liverpool goal hit Dele Alli's hand when it looked like Henderson also touched it on and gained advantage. On the VAR I saw they never zoomed in, or rolled the motion back and forth to prove who made the contact. But Neville was trying to affect VAR, as he did in the Chelsea game when he shouted for several penalties against Spurs, and even suggested Sissoko and Gazzanigga did GBH!!??

I don't know what the answer is. Mourinho is supposed to be a friend of Neville's but seems to be a victim of the United player's wrath. Maybe José should be made aware of Sky's commentary, having worked briefly for them, and enquire into their coverage and commentaries which constantly distort what happens on the field.

It's pretty bad when Tottenham are clearly being cheated by the FA, VAR and their officials, but then Sky add to it and even try to influence VAR decisions before they are made.

I think its more that theyre:

A) Very pro the big boys and original big 4.
B) Very pro the underdog (Leicester)

Its crazy though that YouTube and Twitch can have better analysis and discussions on football than those employed by Sky.

I think its more that theyre:

A) Very pro the big boys and original big 4.
B) Very pro the underdog (Leicester)

Its crazy though that YouTube and Twitch can have better analysis and discussions on football than those employed by Sky.
Unfortunately we fall just outside either camp.

We're too big to be considered a fairytale winner but we don't have the trophies to backup ourselves as big boys success wise.

Martin Tyler is specifically anti Spurs for some reason..... Its not paranoia as if we score he remains calm and neutral yet when it's a goal against us he cheers his head off.
But I believe they (VAR) have at least one monitor showing Sky's coverage and are listening to what Sky's commentary are saying.

I'm sure they've got a monitor showing the match feed but I'd be amazed if they were listening to the actual commentary - that would be wrong on so many counts.

I think the commentators are just guilty of saying what they'd like to happen rather than what actually happened but I wonder how we can find out.

Also the advert/promo for the Man U V Man City Carabao cup final was awful........ It made out that Man City beating Man U last year was the worst thing that could have happened in football...... Man City were portrayed as villains and Man U were portrayed as the plucky little hero.

What confuses me is why they can’t get more ex spurs players on as pundits?
And no Darren Bent / Graeme Souness does not count
:mourfinger:

michael Dawson is starting to commentate on SSN now and then so why not give him a shot?
Or Paul Robinson?
plenty of names for Sky to choose from.

Sky's commentary and show of the Tottenham-Liverpool game was the worst in their history of anti-Spurs bias.

Their studio was packed with ex-Liverpool players in Jamie Carragher & Rednapp, as well as host Kelly Dalglish daughter of "King" Kenny.

But apart from their one-sided opinion and post match analysis, the worst was from messers Martin Tyler and Gary Neville. Neville seems to be getting more extreme in his rants against Tottenham. This follows his soap box preaching regarding untruthful claims of racism by Chelsea's Rudiger who behaved like a nutter in that game and invented or chose to mishear any monkey chants which were simply boos for his play-acting getting Son sent off.

But VAR was absent from similar violent challenges from Robertson yet Sky's commentary dismissed both incidents.

Neville never made one positive comment in the whole Liverpool game, purring over them wasting time too frightened to attack Spurs, it was so nauseating. This is the same person who ran across the pitch to taunt Liverpool fans at Anfield. How he has changed.

Martin Tyler screamed "YES!" when Liverpool scored, then started to called himself ""neutral".

Sky have a new ploy - both commentators describe an incident and try to affect VAR. Unlike Rugby, football fans are not allowed to hear what the VAR officials are saying, it is so secretive. But I believe they have at least one monitor showing Sky's coverage and are listening to what Sky's commentary are saying.

Neville was quick to say the Liverpool goal hit Dele Alli's hand when it looked like Henderson also touched it on and gained advantage. On the VAR I saw they never zoomed in, or rolled the motion back and forth to prove who made the contact. But Neville was trying to affect VAR, as he did in the Chelsea game when he shouted for several penalties against Spurs, and even suggested Sissoko and Gazzanigga did GBH!!??

I don't know what the answer is. Mourinho is supposed to be a friend of Neville's but seems to be a victim of the United player's wrath. Maybe José should be made aware of Sky's commentary, having worked briefly for them, and enquire into their coverage and commentaries which constantly distort what happens on the field.

It's pretty bad when Tottenham are clearly being cheated by the FA, VAR and their officials, but then Sky add to it and even try to influence VAR decisions before they are made.

The VAR officials should 100% not be listening to any commentary on the game they are officiating. Why the fuck do they need to do that anyway!?!?

What confuses me is why they can’t get more ex spurs players on as pundits?
And no Darren Bent / Graeme Souness does not count
:mourfinger:

michael Dawson is starting to commentate on SSN now and then so why not give him a shot?
Or Paul Robinson?
plenty of names for Sky to choose from.
They did start to have Ryan Mason on and he seemed like he would be decent, but he seems to have disappeared

What annoys me is the pundits they use to represent us. Souness has a soft spot for us as he was with us as an apprentice but he's not a real ex-Spurs player. Jamie Redknapp is but he's a nob who doesn't like us and clearly still resents us sacking his dad.

I know we do have big representation on other channels with Lineker, JJ and Crouch but surely Sky can find someone better than Darren Bent? Can't they find a player the fans actually liked? We never have anyone on Sky who has a real feeling for the club. When it's Woolwich v Tottenham it annoys me how Alex Scott is clearly passionate about Woolwich meanwhile we have to endure Jamie Redknapp telling us how shit we are even if we win.

This from the BBC football Live comments of the game.
"Hugo Lloris, no stranger to mistakes, plays a poor goal-kick to David McGoldrick on the left. However, his fellow attackers fail to make anything from the gift of a situation."

They know he statistically the leagues best keeper with the least goal leading errors right. Fucking joke!

Back
Top Bottom