Sky Sports - Anti-Spurs bias?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sky is sickening. Whenever I try to find a stream, I also try to avoid Sky. I used to enjoy them a couple of years ago, but now it's just plain pathetic. I'll only watch a Sky stream if it's like Neville on MNF or some thing similar, because I enjoy his analysis.

I just watch the games and dont watch all that Jeff Stelling shit, but Sky are so far up Liverpools arse it is embarrasing. Personally I could not give a stuff what irritating tits like Jamie Redknapp or Charlie Nicholas think about us, they know fuck all about our club and would only pretend to feing interest if we won something and then I would be even less inclined to listen to them...........

The likes of Jamie Redknapp used to wind me up, but its simple just dont listen or watch him

Just need to get this off my chest…

#ranton :parker:

I'm sick to the hind-teeth with the Sky Sports pundits and the Woolwich/Liverpool bias. Ok so that channel is the devil's own, we know that, but frankly unless you can get to the game most of us had to watch it on Sky.

If I have to hear that fucking Gooner clunge Alan Smith commentating on a Spurs game again I will go 100% Michael Douglas 'Falling Down'. Then to add insult to injury they cart out Judas back in the studio. Some bell-end producer seems to think that makes perfect sense. It's not just us that suffer this, I'm fairly certain that Everton supporters get pissed off seeing Redknapp , Carragher and Souness all the time too.

I'm not asking for them to bring Glenn in on every game but they should pick a balanced line up of pundits and stick a neutral on the commentary.

Seriously, Alan Smith, fuck off. We should start a protest or something. That or sue for damages at having to listen to his benign biased drawl for 90 minutes.

In all honesty, despite the title of this thread, I don't think there is an anti-spurs 'agenda' as such but there is a serious lack of common sense in the selection.

#rantoff

That's better. :chadliblow:

Go 100% Michael Douglas in Falling Down, mate. Gunning Sky Sports down is the only sensible response.

They're shit and we know they are.

They stole our football and turned it into soap opera reality TV panto bollocks.

I just mute the tv to be honest. If i ever need to get a stream i go for one that is in another more exciting language, generally canal sports or something...i cant stand most british commdntators, they just come off as massive cunts who were rather shit when they played for their respective teams... (Liverpool, man utd, woolwich)

We had Lee Dixon on NBC here....not great but not cunty. At one point he and the other commentator were so bored they were debating how many times Dixon had lost to Spurs in derby matches. It was 4 but Dixon insisted he only remembered 2......

I retract my previous statement.....he was kind of cunty actually.:lennon:

Look we don't do ourselves any favours.
Games we are expected to win - wba, sunderland etc we don't.
We and media talk us up as a big club then we go screw down wages, screw down trying to buy players under value, hold out for getting more money on sales.
We stuff around on the stadium, we could bought archway if we really were ready to proceed.
We get love from CL then proceed to go for Saha etc we fartarse around with getting a mgr then sacking him then get another.

Simple get solid, consistent with doing the things we say, get results on the field, play attractive football.

You think it's bad on Sky Sports? Watch an episode of the American "ESPN FC." They've got fucking Stevie Nichol and expect him to come along and say anything remotely negative about Liverpool. It's fucked when the only reasonable person on the show is Craig fucking Burley.

Truly the one thing that gets on my nerves about following football more than anything is having to deal with the amount of bias the pundits have for their previous teams. Maybe I'm blind, but American Football isn't nearly as bad when it comes to this subject.

I will say this though, it wouldn't surprise me if it was only really these Liverpool players applying for jobs. I'm sure when Giggs retires he'll be right there beside the Neville brothers.

To be fair,
Being positive , the club has to be seen
in this light . Neutrals see us rather a negative club.
To their eyes we are penny pinching, silent disinterested owner, reckless chairman, no stars, ambition?, a joke
of a stadium development, , lowest net spenders in league,
2 years of crap/average football and no sign of change
with empty words. We have created a bad PR. These
reasons may be wrong or not but this is the media and
other fans image.Not a lot to get excited about.
Roll back 3 years the media loved us. We played the
most exciting football in the country, 3 world class
game changer players and if the club added quality
there was a chance of league.
You make people love you. We don't.

To be fair,
To their eyes we are penny pinching, silent disinterested owner, reckless chairman, no stars, ambition?, a joke

Bang on, I don't even like Spurs that much at the moment.

The club seems to be wrapped in total apathy.

Most fans I chat to believe exactly the same bias against their respective clubs.

I think we suffer from a minor inferiority complex hence the constant paranoia

Oh but it isn't an anti-Spurs bias, it's a pro-Liverpool & Woolwich bias. Based upon them hiring lots of ex-Liverpool and Woolwich players as pundits, players who themselves have a great bias. Putting a pair of Woolwich fans as the commentators on the NLD is just crazy - you'd get more balanced views out of fanzone.

Sky themselves only have a bias towards the best story. On Saturday the story was supposed to be "Woolwich wipes the floor with failing Tottenham" and so their coverage and stats were pushed in that direction. They were miffed that they hadn't led with "Plucky Spurs can hold off misfiring Woolwich" but they backed the wrong horse. Next week it will be Poch vs Southampton, of course, and they'll guide their coverage to sell that story.

To be fair,
What the fuck is this? Looks like you wrote a bloody poem about it...

Chris 'Pelanty' Waddle is a pundit. Glenn Hoddle says very little of real insight. Garth Crooks is a curious little toad like creature, and Jamie Redknapp all have significant relationship Tottenham (granted JR is a pussy) and Souness even played for us.

I think the real trick is to get a shock absorber and wallop yourself repeatedly, which is likely to be only once, before and after the game. Have a wank at HT.

Look we don't do ourselves any favours.
Games we are expected to win - wba, sunderland etc we don't.
We and media talk us up as a big club then we go screw down wages, screw down trying to buy players under value, hold out for getting more money on sales.
We stuff around on the stadium, we could bought archway if we really were ready to proceed.
We get love from CL then proceed to go for Saha etc we fartarse around with getting a mgr then sacking him then get another.

Simple get solid, consistent with doing the things we say, get results on the field, play attractive football.

I get the feeling you work for Sky?

Back
Top Bottom