Sky Sports - Anti-Spurs bias?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just need to get this off my chest…

#ranton :parker:

I'm sick to the hind-teeth with the Sky Sports pundits and the Woolwich/Liverpool bias. Ok so that channel is the devil's own, we know that, but frankly unless you can get to the game most of us had to watch it on Sky.

If I have to hear that fucking Gooner clunge Alan Smith commentating on a Spurs game again I will go 100% Michael Douglas 'Falling Down'. Then to add insult to injury they cart out Judas back in the studio. Some bell-end producer seems to think that makes perfect sense. It's not just us that suffer this, I'm fairly certain that Everton supporters get pissed off seeing Redknapp , Carragher and Souness all the time too.

I'm not asking for them to bring Glenn in on every game but they should pick a balanced line up of pundits and stick a neutral on the commentary.

Seriously, Alan Smith, fuck off. We should start a protest or something. That or sue for damages at having to listen to his benign biased drawl for 90 minutes.

In all honesty, despite the title of this thread, I don't think there is an anti-spurs 'agenda' as such but there is a serious lack of common sense in the selection.

#rantoff

That's better. :chadliblow:

Absolutely. The media is especially biased towards Liverpool and it pisses me off so much. Carragher, Souness, Lawro - all of them can fuck right off. Week in, week out they tout Liverpool as the greatest team in the league and how they deserve to win the league and Stevie G is the greatest Englishman in history. Fuck off you dirty scouse cunts.

And Redknapp can fuck off too. He said the other day that we came close to being better than Woolwich a few seasons ago but no we are nowhere near. What's that Jamie? A few seasons ago when your fucking dad was in charge? Of course he'd fucking say that.

I hate so much of the journalism around on Sky and BBC.

Charlie Nicholas is the worst. He's totally biased. Merson can, and has, been positive about Spurs and tbh as much as he got proven wrong this weekend in his prediction I thought what he said was correct after WBA, we did look awful. Nicholas on the other hand is a ill-informed tit. Like when he said Everton can never be as big a club as Liverpool or City as big as United. Eternal quimdrip.

...and Charlotte Jackson.

:ledleylick:
she's with Chris Coleman, possibly married to the big cunt. I can only assume his cock is the size of and is as spirited as craig bellamy.
Chris_Coleman_1588855a.jpg

The only pro-spurs pundit I can think of is Garth Crooks, he's the best obviously.

I get the impression that even he prefers Stoke to us though.

We used to have Alan Mullery - he was fine until Fulham were involved and then he started banging on about Johnny Haynes...

Hopefully someone like Paul Robinson becomes a pundit, I reckon he'd fight our corner.

We used to have Alan Mullery - he was fine until Fulham were involved and then he started banging on about Johnny Haynes...

Hopefully someone like Paul Robinson becomes a pundit, I reckon he'd fight our corner.

Our only hope is Brad Friedel and to be honest whenever he has been on recently his intellegence level and insight is way above most of the other cliche ridden twats out there plus he has the most premier league experience of anybody.

He would stand our corner thats for sure, hope he gets a regular gig.

Really like Jermaine Jenas as a pundit. Thoughtful, considered and pro-Spurs. He'll never get a job will he?

:mong:

JJ is a bright lad, as far as footballers go. If Garth Crooks is the best we can do then we really do need help!

Problem is, anyone who would favour Spurs is generally a reasonably intelligent and thoughtful pundit, as such they try more than others to be objective...so we still don't get someone who leans to the Lilywhite!

Alan smith even his name is more interesting than him.

Sol should not be on the telly. Not because he is a poor excuse for a human, he is but so is jermy kyle and he gets a living on the telly.
Sol basically has the communication skills of a chemically castrated serial killer. He's pure fuck off awful.

Don't mind ian wright though quite admire him honestly.

Last edited:

:harrylol:
He really did though, didn't he! So true!

Like 'arry and his "One week i'd go up 'ighbury wiv me ol'Dad, the Uvver week i'd be at Whi'Art'Lane wiv the 'ol Man... football in them days was runarraaandabit... we'd 'ave a fry-up during the warm-up before the match, and 6 pints of bitter at half time... nun of this foreign muck you see now!"

The danish commentators completely murder Tottenham every week. Can't stand them, especially Peter Schmeichel, even though he's a national hero

Back
Top Bottom