Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find strange about Southamptons decision to single out Schneiderlin, is that they are making life difficult for one of their most loyal players. He's been with them through several promotions and now he has the chance for a bigger move. I understand his outrage, especially since the club's long term plans seem to have changed drastically when Cortese left.

Last edited:
What I find strange about Southamptons decision to single out Schneiderlin, is that they are making life difficult for one of their most loyal players. He's been with them through several promotions and now he has the chance for a bigger move. I understand his outrage, especially since the club's long term plans seem to have change drastically when Cortese left.

Exactly. Why they're being choads to this guy over any of the others, especially Lovren, makes absolutely no sense. Very unfair of them to permit so many to depart, and then close the gate right as one of their most loyal players for years was on the verge of leaving. I do wish he wouldn't have done the tweet, but I do feel his anger is certainly justified.

Last edited:
Exactly. Why they're being choads to this guy over any of the others, especially Lovren, makes absolutely no sense. Very unfair of them to permit so many to depart, and then close the gate right as one of their most loyal players was on the verge of leaving. I do wish he wouldn't have done the tweet, but I do feel his anger is certainly justified.
I think it's the 'spursy' effect....
:gomes:

Exactly. Why they're being choads to this guy over any of the others, especially Lovren, makes absolutely no sense. Very unfair of them to permit so many to depart, and then close the gate right as one of their most loyal players was on the verge of leaving. I do wish he wouldn't have done the tweet, but I do feel his anger is certainly justified.
He seems like a guy who has done things the "right" way, worked hard and so on, and now he's being hindered because of club politics.

#FREEMORGAN
MTE1ODA0OTcxNjMzNjQwOTcz.jpg

DAMN RIGHT SISTER!

oh, hang on.... :pochserious:

He seems like a guy who has done things the "right" way, worked hard and so on, and now he's being hindered because of club politics.

Agreed. I think their club simply doesn't like the idea of being tapped up by us for for their coach and now players, while they can write off having sold the rest of their players to CL-competing clubs. Pretty shitty if you ask me, because the one player who's played for them for quite some time and isn't chasing the big lights/money, but rather a coach he admires and better prospects of getting into the French national fold, is the one getting fucked. It's particularly stupid when even their own fans see through the facade.

I haven't seen a good explanation or reason, other that his existing relationship with Poch - so can someone please tell what is it about Schneiderlin that will vastly improve Spurs, and put us over the top (versus the players already in the squad?) Seems everyone gets all worked up and frothing at the mouth over signing a new player... simply because he is a new player!

I haven't seen a good explanation or reason, other that his existing relationship with Poch - so can someone please tell what is it about Schneiderlin that will vastly improve Spurs, and put us over the top (versus the players already in the squad?) Seems everyone gets all worked up and frothing at the mouth over signing a new player... simply because he is a new player!

Amen.

People will post loooooooooong articles about how he will offer something different and better than Sandro, Capoue, Bentaleb, Paulinho, Holtby and Dembele combined....because thats what we have right now.

Any two of those, or three even, yet apparently Schniderlin will improve any and every one of those combinations.

But my question would be, why is he only 20 odd million then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom