Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is a shit decision.
The club seriously needs to get some priorities sorted out.
Not happy.
It's good mate. I love Mason, more his story. Tottenham once again have created a footballer, given birth to someone who is now going to get first team football, something he wasn't going to get (unfortunately) if he stayed.

The big picture is "come to Tottenham" we will make a footballer of you. Throughout the football pyramid there are many lads to get their education with us. Go to scum, Chavs, Citeh or Manure to get a pay cheque and go on loan, but never make it as a player.

It's a conveyor belt, a positive conveyor belt. Next in line Harry Winks, who will have a better start in his development than Mason did as he has Poch looking after him at a very young age. He "should" be far better than Mason!

He was lost in space before Poch came. Pochettino came in, gave him his chance and has become a good Premier League player.

We have a few things to thank Ryan for. But Ryan can thank the club and Poch for giving him the opportunity. It goes both ways, but without Poch, Mason probably wouldn't play in the PL now.

Upsetting.

ryan-mason-signing-4-3116-3280839_613x460.jpg

Pretty sad to see Mason leave, still thought he had a part to play this season with the amount of games we will have. Always gave 100% (think that goal against Sunderland for example) and thats pretty much all you can ask for from any player. Had his good games and his not so good ones. Would think the reason hes picked there is down to the ex-Spurs contigent there who he grew up with and trained with. All the best for the future.

Fuck I was hoping this deal wouldn't get done in time. I love Ryan and to be honest I'm pretty baffled that we are letting go of Mason and Bentaleb in the same window with only Victor coming in. If we get the annual Dembele injury where he is out for an extended period of time, who lines up next to Dier/Victor?

Putting a shit ton of faith in the young crop here. Not sure if it's wise in our first CL season in years.

I think its great for Mason. He was finished here, injured loads, unsuccessful loans - then that goal against Forest and a manager trusting him. He's probably not quite at the level the club is aspiring to, he's probably reached his ceiling, as shit a thing as that is to say, but he's got a big move to another club in the top league.
Good luck to the guy

There are quite a few highlights from his career at Spurs. This was one of the best pictures.

CrIA3ImWcAIZ5bm.jpg:large
This game is a seminal part of our revolution. An academy player showing how to pass the ball forward and quickly, without taking 4 touches to find the pass. In addition his scrap with Benteke, which we now see every single week. This is called leading from the front. This is why I liked him.

Back
Top Bottom