Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always liked Ryan Mason. This lad always played with his big heart. There were some unfortunate injuries (i.e. after his goal against Sunderland), but he has been improving at a consistent rate. Now all he needs is some playing time. Sad to see him leave for Hull City. But I am sure he have more chances to compete for the starting XI there. Best of luck, Mason!

Good luck Mason one of our own but in my opinion a squad player at best, so probably best he moved on for thirst team footy. Always gave it 100% and helped steady the ship with Poch first season charge. ALL THE BEST

It's a shame to be parting ways, I think he's a credit to himself and the club. His career was in the balance after some injuries and set backs and he's turned into a good pro.

Good luck to him.

His tame shot against Chelsea last year in a game that was absolutely massive shows why it's the right decision. We need squad players who can score chances like that in games like that, as well as doing all the defensive work. Sad to see him leave, but probably a good move for him as well- he has made it as a premier league footballer thanks to Poch, THFC and the support of us, the fans...not many people can say that. Good luck to him except when we play Hull, when surely he will score a screamer.

We are pushing good lads out the door.
Ryan, Andros Townsend, the more you read about Jake Livermore the more you see that he is a guy with a strong character.
Did we even upgrade really? Who did better for us on the pitch, Jake or Stambouli/Capoue?
Is Winks going to be an upgrade on Ryan this season? The most we could say today is maybe.
Bentaleb screwed himself over with what he said to Poch by the look of it, but the fact is he is a big talent we could not get the best out of as a club.

Ryan, Andros Townsend, the more you read about Jake Livermore the more you see that he is a guy with a strong character.
Did we even upgrade really? Who did better for us on the pitch, Jake or Stambouli/Capoue?
Is Winks going to be an upgrade on Ryan this season? The most we could say today is maybe.
Bentaleb screwed himself over with what he said to Poch by the look of it, but the fact is he is a big talent we could not get the best out of as a club.

Are we pushing good players out of the door? Mason is 25 and reaching the prime of his playing career, what do you do? Stay and sit on the bench or go and get some first team football? Winks is also a lad from our dev squad not a bought in player, bench places should be about giving younger players opportunities to push themselves.

Livermore like Mason was never going to be a regular for us and he'd been given plenty of opportunity, Hull is about his level. Townsend seemed level headed and a Spurs lad through and through, however was he also good enough? He also crossed the coaching staff and that was that.

Not all the players are going to be an upgrade, I agree about Livermore vs Stambouli/Capoue, but generally speaking the squad has got better in recent years, and that has been in alrge part because we have been able to sell players like Townsend for a lot of money. Winks and Onomah are being given the chance to become the next Mason or maybe even the next Kane. Their wages are cheaper, they are younger and if they don't make it at Spurs as a first team player (and perhaps even if they do) we will probably in turn sell them for a lot of money...which gives the chance to buy Janssen/Wanyama/Sissoko (I'm being optimistic with that last one but it might happen).

Look at our midfield now, Wanyama/Dier/Dembele is better than Mason and Bentaleb, who themselves were better than Capoue and Paulinho...we are improving.

The key points for me are two fold:
1) So long as we have academy players coming through and look also to have a higher ceiling than those leaving, then our connection to the team remains close and strong.
2) The truly great academy players are not sold e.g. Kane. It shows consistent appraisal in ability, a genuine benchmark of quality and chance to hold up a beacon of success, to act as a role model for those looking to break through.

Makes me laugh the social media replies, the same twats spouting their shit about how shit Mason was and glad to see him leave are the same who are singing 'One of our own' to Harry Kane, the cunts.

Makes me laugh the social media replies, the same twats spouting their shit about how shit Mason was and glad to see him leave are the same who are singing 'One of our own' to Harry Kane, the cunts.
It's disappointing when you see people slagging off players who want to do nothing but good for the club. If they're not good enough they'll get moved on as a natural progression. At least we're actually creating pros instead of dross out f the academy.

Show some class and wish them well.

Back
Top Bottom