Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unlucky not to score? You mean missing a penalty....LOL

How do you rate Ade and Kane's penalties generally though? We have had more miss than most, tons of different players, it's another pretty pathetic stat like some of our capitulations. It is frustrating and shouldn't happen like it does but, Soldado is far from alone on that one.

How do you rate Ade and Kane's penalties generally though? We have had more miss than most, tons of different players, it's another pretty pathetic stat like some of our capitulations. It is frustrating and shouldn't happen like it does but, Soldado is far from alone on that one.

Our other strikers do other things though

Bobby is an easy target today. Sure he missed a penalty, but he also did a lot of other good things. His link up play was great with Lamela, Eriksen, and Chadli. Better than anything we've seen from Ade, and it was against a Man City team that dominated possession.

Has Bobby been a bust? Absolutely! But he wasn't the reason we lost today. Blaming him for our loss is just misplaced anger.

Bobby is an easy target today. Sure he missed a penalty, but he also did a lot of other good things. His link up play was great with Lamela, Eriksen, and Chadli. Better than anything we've seen from Ade, and it was against a Man City team that dominated possession.

Has Bobby been a bust? Absolutely! But he wasn't the reason we lost today. Blaming him for our loss is just misplaced anger.
Agreed. He doesn't score though does he?

From Soldado's Instagram:

Sad match in which we had our opportunities including my penalty.
I'm sorry and I'll keep working hard to help the team with my goals.

---------

All things considering today, he deserves a start in the next PL game.

2-1 down playing without fear, penalty to us, up pops up poor old Soldo the one person you want to score but doesn't. Hart makes the penalty save and then makes another great save to deny him. Poor bloke must think he's jinked. In my heart I still think he will come good. Believe.

He's really struggling for goals obviously. But I'm thinking if we play him as a winger or even the 10 spot we would get some real magic outta him. His build up play and skill can't be denied. Get some confidence dude!! thats all we ask!!

our good friend timmy shershit on soldado after today's match:

"You try to give [Soldado] as much confidence as you can and you do that by backing him and playing him," Sherwood told BT Sport as he reflected on the performance of the striker he struggled to get the best out of last season.

"In the end, I couldn't keep picking him. I had to put Harry Kane into the team because day in, day out on the training field, he was outperforming him. So there was no choice. It was nothing to do with effort. In my opinion, Harry Kane is better than him.

"Everyone at the club is on his side. They want him to do well. He is a great guy and the fans shout his name when he is on the bench. They want him to come onto the field, but I don't think we can use the excuse that he needs to settle any more."

he also said we aren't top 4 so fuck him...

*disclaimer: he's probably right :paulinhofacepalm:

the mentality of our players really ought to change. Just don't see how, at this point. Stability with Poch?

Dam have to agree with Sherwood on this one cannot justify ade or soldado playing in front of Kane anymore, Kane is just better.

i watched Sol yesterday and was inpressed by his movement off the ball as well as his touches. In the bix he had two chances that had the ball been passed too him i reckon he would have stuck it past Hart. He was playing well yesterday and yes the penalty save was cruel but he followed it up with a massive strike that again required a top class save. Id play Sol till end December and I promise you he will come through. He looked sharp yesterday...just unlucky.

our good friend timmy shershit on soldado after today's match:

"You try to give [Soldado] as much confidence as you can and you do that by backing him and playing him," Sherwood told BT Sport as he reflected on the performance of the striker he struggled to get the best out of last season.

"In the end, I couldn't keep picking him. I had to put Harry Kane into the team because day in, day out on the training field, he was outperforming him. So there was no choice. It was nothing to do with effort. In my opinion, Harry Kane is better than him.

"Everyone at the club is on his side. They want him to do well. He is a great guy and the fans shout his name when he is on the bench. They want him to come onto the field, but I don't think we can use the excuse that he needs to settle any more."

he also said we aren't top 4 so fuck him...

*disclaimer: he's probably right :paulinhofacepalm:

the mentality of our players really ought to change. Just don't see how, at this point. Stability with Poch?
Lower than a maggot

Too many people noticed again how well his passing, touched, linkup play was today.
He has to play Soldado next epl. Kane and Ade can both start on thurs, Poch spice it up offering both the opportunity to score as such for sub rotation on weekend.

Back
Top Bottom