Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

our good friend timmy shershit on soldado after today's match:

"You try to give [Soldado] as much confidence as you can and you do that by backing him and playing him," Sherwood told BT Sport as he reflected on the performance of the striker he struggled to get the best out of last season.

"In the end, I couldn't keep picking him. I had to put Harry Kane into the team because day in, day out on the training field, he was outperforming him. So there was no choice. It was nothing to do with effort. In my opinion, Harry Kane is better than him.

"Everyone at the club is on his side. They want him to do well. He is a great guy and the fans shout his name when he is on the bench. They want him to come onto the field, but I don't think we can use the excuse that he needs to settle any more."

he also said we aren't top 4 so fuck him...

*disclaimer: he's probably right :paulinhofacepalm:

the mentality of our players really ought to change. Just don't see how, at this point. Stability with Poch?

Was it Swansea home last season when Bobby scored and it was like we'd won the cup? Its been a long time since I've seen that kind of response to a goal at the lane - on and off the pitch.

Timmeh dropped him next game.

He can do one.

...it's simple - guy can't score - he's not a striker...
COYS
7KIGaV3.png
I think you've somehow ended up in the wrong type of football forum...

He looked good in patches last game in build up but it still is hard for me to wrap my head around relying on a striker who clearly has zero confidence and conviction in front of goal. Still, if he plays against Newcastle I hope he can mentally build on the positives of his City performance rather than the negatives.

With Liverpool, Woolwich, and Everton looking somewhat shaky we could do something this season if Soldado and Adebayor come into form. As of now though, Kane has looked most consistent in his appearances but he's still so inexperienced. No doubt it's a muddled situation up top.

You cannot pick a centre forward who is consistently failing to score to play alone upfront. He is aTorres mk2.
We have to start picking our only striker whose goal touch hasn't deserted him, Kane might only be 21, but he isn't lacking in confidence.

You cannot pick a centre forward who is consistently failing to score to play alone upfront. He is aTorres mk2.
We have to start picking our only striker whose goal touch hasn't deserted him, Kane might only be 21, but he isn't lacking in confidence.

Calling him Torres mk2 proves that you either haven't seen Soldado play lately, you didn't see Torres play, or you are just completely clueless. Torres didn't link up well. He tried to dribble and lost the ball like an idiot pretty much every time he was on the ball. He tried to do stuff for himself. Soldado plays for the team, links up well, and against Man City he played great football. Also, he had one assist, should've had another, and got us a penalty.

Calling him Torres mk2 proves that you either haven't seen Soldado play lately, you didn't see Torres play, or you are just completely clueless. Torres didn't link up well. He tried to dribble and lost the ball like an idiot pretty much every time he was on the ball. He tried to do stuff for himself. Soldado plays for the team, links up well, and against Man City he played great football. Also, he had one assist, should've had another, and got us a penalty.

His link up play was ok. It's not like he did all the work for his assist. That was masons challenge that fell to him standing still for an easy uncontested pass into bags of space.

Mason should have scored from his other pass, but other strikers lay off balls that get saved too.

Soldado isn't in the team for his link up play, he's in the team to score FUCKING GOALS !!!
Which he ain't fucking doing.
No point in having a centre forward who can't fucking score is there, just like Torres, brilliant at Liverpool, shit at Chelski.
We have midfielders to do the link up play.

Soldado isn't in the team for his link up play, he's in the team to score FUCKING GOALS !!!
Which he ain't fucking doing.
No point in having a centre forward who can't fucking score is there, just like Torres, brilliant at Liverpool, shit at Chelski.
We have midfielders to do the link up play.

Thinking a striker is in the team to score, shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Any players job on the pitch is to help his team win the game. Soldado produced more quality in 90 minutes against City than our main striker has done in the first seven league games combined, to help our team succeed.

If he gets the same amount of time that Ade has had, he will score and he will assist a hell of a lot more than Ade has.

Thinking a striker is in the team to score, shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Any players job on the pitch is to help his team win the game. Soldado produced more quality in 90 minutes against City than our main striker has done in the first seven league games combined, to help our team succeed.

If he gets the same amount of time that Ade has had, he will score and he will assist a hell of a lot more than Ade has.

Ade made 11 prem assists in his first season for us. He's been poor by his standards, but he is a great player who helps out more than Soldado ever has to date.

Enjoy Europe this season. We are in it because Ades goals, buildup leading to goals and assists post AVB.

Ade had/has more impact than Soldado.

Ade made 11 prem assists in his first season for us. He's been poor by his standards, but he is a great player who helps out more than Soldado ever has to date.

Enjoy Europe this season. We are in it because Ades goals, buildup leading to goals and assists post AVB.

Ade had/has more impact than Soldado.

I'm obviously refering to Ades form this season, as I have in any post where I've said that Soldado should be given the chance up top. I see that you keep going on about how Ade is a great striker, totally neglecting that his form at the moment makes him a liability more than an asset this season.

I'm not hating on him. I'm an Ade fan. I named my boy that was born in August Adrian, partly inspired by Adebayor. I'm just saying that so far this season, except for fifteen minutes against Southampton, he's been worse than useless.

Ade at his best is/was a world class striker. The problem is that when he's not at his best, he's often terrible, because of his poor first touch.

And even with Ade on form, I think there can be room in the team for both him and Soldado, as I'm sure either of them can do a great job as AM.

I'm obviously refering to Ades form this season, as I have in any post where I've said that Soldado should be given the chance up top. I see that you keep going on about how Ade is a great striker, totally neglecting that his form at the moment makes him a liability more than an asset this season.

I'm not hating on him. I'm an Ade fan. I named my boy that was born in August Adrian, partly inspired by Adebayor. I'm just saying that so far this season, except for fifteen minutes against Southampton, he's been worse than useless.

Ade at his best is/was a world class striker. The problem is that when he's not at his best, he's often terrible, because of his poor first touch.

And even with Ade on form, I think there can be room in the team for both him and Soldado, as I'm sure either of them can do a great job as AM.

That's your opinion. He's not in top form but he's not playing badly on average. I think he's still been dangerous and creative as well as helping defend corners etc.

Poch has been happy with Ades contribution despite his lack of goals, he said that publicly a few days ago. I think you are undervaluing his contribution this season.

Literally involved in the goal that got us 3 points vs the Saints in our last game he played. We are much tighter with Ade in the team and he gives us more options. Lamela and Eriksen need his experience. Soldado has too much baggage. Heads dropped when he missed that pen.

Poch gave him more responsibility for good reason.

Q: What's the difference between Soldado and a sex toy?
A: You can get more penetration with a Soldildo.

with a face like yours im not surprised you know the difference between a man and a sex toy..
now fuck off back to your 9-5 and save us from your melting cuntish drivel...

soldado played well, have no idea how you lot cant see this, if he'd converted that penalty and that cut back had gone in, youd be singing his fucking graces, as it stands he set up one, had a few glorious flick on's and defensively he chased down the CB's and I thought was probably top 3 on the park for us..

Last edited:
...Soldado is a 17M+ piece of shit, and if forum rules allowed it I would call you a sheep-shagging free P.O.S. - but of course I would never do that...
COYS

soldado we bought for 26 and sheep shaggers are from NZ mate, not AUS..
stick to playing madden please, it might save you from a whole host of embarrassment..

edit: and yes I do like lamela..

soldado we bought for 26 and sheep shaggers are from NZ mate, not AUS..
stick to playing madden please, it might save you from a whole host of embarrassment..

edit: and yes I do like lamela..
...is 26>17 south of the equator??????????????? please keep making excuses for the 'hot' players...
COYS

Back
Top Bottom