Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

iMy4sOJHj3iR0.gif

Bobby is an easy target today. Sure he missed a penalty, but he also did a lot of other good things. His link up play was great with Lamela, Eriksen, and Chadli. Better than anything we've seen from Ade, and it was against a Man City team that dominated possession.

Has Bobby been a bust? Absolutely! But he wasn't the reason we lost today. Blaming him for our loss is just misplaced anger.

You cannot pick a centre forward who is consistently failing to score to play alone upfront. He is aTorres mk2.
We have to start picking our only striker whose goal touch hasn't deserted him, Kane might only be 21, but he isn't lacking in confidence.

Calling him Torres mk2 proves that you either haven't seen Soldado play lately, you didn't see Torres play, or you are just completely clueless. Torres didn't link up well. He tried to dribble and lost the ball like an idiot pretty much every time he was on the ball. He tried to do stuff for himself. Soldado plays for the team, links up well, and against Man City he played great football. Also, he had one assist, should've had another, and got us a penalty.

Look, if you are going to lolcat about Soldado and him being creative to get an assist for this:

Absolute gift from MASON, then that is your issue. As if Ade could not have jogged and made an easy pass? Defoe could have got an assist with that!

I've been sinbin voting people for harassing you on this forum, but I'm starting to understand their anger.

You really should learn some internet discussion manners. You refuse to respect any opinion from anyone else, you see your own opinions as absolute facts, you hold some players as godlike - refusing to see any faults from them, and you think others are shit no matter what they do, and you take any good performance from the players your support as proof that you are right and perfect while dismissing all the positives from the players you dislike.

The Soldado assist was perfect. It was easy mode, but we have and have had plenty of strikers that botch opportunities like that. He looks up before Mason win the ball, spotting the opportunity. He doesn't sprint, but lets Eriksen catch up. He plays the obvious ball to Eriksen, instead of trying something special to Mason, as some players would have. And the pass is perfectly weighted. Any player in the PL should be able to do that 10 out of 10 times, but football isn't that simple. It was, however easy it was, perfectly executed.

The genius of the man was more aparent from the Mason pass earlier in the game. And pretty much every time he got the ball he laid it off close to perfectly for one of the AMs.

I can't understand how people can give him shit after that performance.

Loved it when he tried to push Benteke back down the tunnel and into Birmingham hight street with a multitude of shoves......inspired the others to have a go.

One of our few players with a real attitude problem (in the right way)

Playing well recently, and fair play to him. Mans got some balls to keep going out there with people like myself in the fanbase....its a tough game, and the pressure is like water off a ducks back to him.

Im very pleased to see Poch experimenting up top, but keeping all three in focus and giving them all backing.

We could all learn a thing or two from that.

I'm gonna give the man a bye for this year, he's moved to a new country, his girlfriend had a miscarriage shortly after he arrived and adding that to being out of form I can only imagine how shot his state of mind is at the moment. Hopefully a couple of months off and a bit of confidence instilled in him by a new manager and he can still be a 20+ goal striker. Flashes of quality around the box and positionally he's doing it right but he's fluffed many of his chances. As I said I'd love for him to come good next year. He does leave it all out there on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom