Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.insidespanishfootball.co...llion-transfer-for-valencias-roberto-soldado/

Tottenham Hotspur have completed the transfer of Valencia striker, Roberto Soldado for a club record €30 million transfer fee.

After several weeks of negotiations Tottenham made a €26 million plus variables on Monday evening, but Valencia stood firm on their €30 million asking price will the two sides waited for Soldado to return from holiday on Saturday morning.

Tottenham then agreed to play the player’s €30 million release clause, allowing the 28-year-old Spanish international to make the long-awaited move to White Hart Lane.

Spanish radio station, Cadena SER reports that Tottenham executive, Franco Baldini completed the move with Valencia president, Amadeo Salvo via telephone on Saturday evening.

Valencia will pay €15 million upfront before the 3rd August deadline set for tax purposes and will pay the remainder at another agreed upon time.

Soldado did not participate in Valencia’s friendly against Milan, but was in the crowd as the two clubs were finalising his transfer.

Soldado is expected to arrive in London tomorrow and undergo his standard medical before joining the team when they return from their pre-season summer tour of Asia, while Valencia will likely try to sign rumoured targets, Roma’s Pablo Osvaldo, Espanyol’s Sergio Garcia or a host of other names.

Eat everyone's butts.
sold2.png

Djukic: If Soldado moves to Tottenham we will wish him luck
By Ben Hayward | Goal.com – 34 minutes ago
VALENCIA, Spain -- Valencia coach Miroslav Djukic admits he is in the dark over Roberto Soldado's possible move to Tottenham but says he will wish the Spain striker "all the luck in the world" if he chooses to swap Mestalla for White Hart Lane this summer.

Djukic saw his side lose 2-1 to AC Milan in the ICC Cup opener in Valencia on Saturday evening without Soldado, who only returned from his holiday earlier in the day after his Confederations Cup exertions with Spain last month.

Valencia has already turned down a 26 million euro bid for Soldado from Spurs, but the 28-year-old now seems set to move as the Premier League side looks likely to pay his release clause of 30 million euros.

"I haven't spoken to the club," Djukic told the media after watching his side edged out by Milan. "Whatever happens [will happen]...

"I spoke to Roberto this morning. He is a very good professional and if he decides to leave we will wish him a lot of luck and if he chooses to stay with us then we will be delighted because he is a great professional and he can help us a lot. But if his exit to Tottenham is confirmed then we will wish him all the luck in the world."

Djukic, who joined the club from Valladolid earlier this summer, believes Valencia can be competitive next season - with or without Soldado.

"We will keep working," he added. "We are Valencia [and] without Djukic, without Soldado, this is [still] a big club. If he decides to leave then we will bring in someone else. It will be a big loss but we will bring in another player and keep moving forward."

Midfielder Dani Parejo, who scored the second-half goal which gave Valencia hope of a fightback, also claims the club can cope without the star striker.

"We have other teammates who are good players, like Paco [Alcacer]," he explained. "But Roberto every season scores 22 or 23 goals and that guarantees you are high up in the table. If he goes then others will come in. He is a great footballer but we have other good players as well."

Valencia has been linked with former Tottenham striker and Portuguese international Helder Postiga as a possible replacement for Soldado.

"He is an experienced striker who knows La Liga, has scored goals and is an international player - any club would be interested in him," Djukic said.

Follow Ben Hayward on Twitter

:dude::avblol::freundgoal:

The biggest obstacle I think is going to be Chelski. When you go back to a place where you used to work, you just get back into it so damn quickly, I just don't see a scenario where they don't win it next year. But i agree that we are likely to get closer than we have for a long long time. At least at the begining of the season I think the aim will be to be right up there with the best and challenge. Sure, as the season progresses, we will probably find ourselves short of the title, but I think most seasons in the past we have started the season aiming for fourth. That's quite a big change and I think it will make us far more likely of a comfortable CL qualification. I think this is why Wenger is talking about the title. Perhaps in part, in his deluded little walnut encrusted brain, he thinks they could win it, but mainly I think he is just setting the sights of his players right at the top so that they have a good chance of a good start to the season before they drop points later on and end up battling it out for the remaining CL spot come the end of the season.
Often when people go back to a previous workplace it isn't often the same.

Lets hope the chemistry isn't there.

Back
Top Bottom