Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously I would have wanted him to hit the ground running a lot better than he did but I also am willing to give a guy more than 12 months before writing him, 12 months that saw us get rid of 2 managers. Are you willing to accept that confidence plays a large part in how most footballers (striker especially) operate? And that Ade is a temperamental inconsistent forward and has been for much of his career?

Confidence is one thing....he looks confident to me. Mouthy with a nasty streak.
I like that....

Start scoring the easy chances, and I´ll back him for a place. Keep missing sitters and I wont.

On form you'd have to say Kane deserves to be ahead of Adebayor. Just as Ade deserves to be ahead of Soldado.

The funny thing is, you talking about the internets, your issues with Ade are 100% non football related.. :avbhumph:
It is 95% football related - he's been fucking pants in the last 7-8 games - how can you possibly dispute that, fella? Only yourself and a few other resident 'fans' think otherwise - the same people who always take a contrary stance in ANY given thread only to argue over and over and over again and fill their uneventful days. There's a word for that somewhere . . .

I want the best team to start and each player to be given an equal opportunity in the team - is that unreasonable?

Also discount it all you want but just have a look at what he did the 5 seasons before joining us, better than a goal every 2 games at Valencia and Getafe. I'd say our team is 1/2 the problem and confidence the other 1/2 rather than Soldado's talent.

It absolutely baffles me that people can STILL be defending Adebayor. What the fuck do you even see in him? What does he offer the team? He has absolutely no strengths in terms of his footballing ability. Dribbling? Nope. Shooting? Nope. Passing? Nope. Control? Nope. Heading? Nope. Positioniong? Nope.

Even when Ade is playing at his absolute best, he is still just a guy who floats about and plays decent inter-play. He never imposes himself on any game physically and he has only ever hit about 2 shots in his Spurs career that made me think he might actually be able to strike a ball better than your average pub team player.
What do people actually see in this guy?

Scores goals, even when shit.

Until he hits top form, or we sign better, it should be Kane. Why trade a striker not scoring enough, for one who never scores.

Oh I will....just like you dismissed Ades 90 PL goals and gave him "credit" for 20 of them
It's common knowledge in the football world that Ade plays well when contract talks are about to take place or when he has a point to prove. 20 may have understated it a bit. But look at his 10 PL seasons with out you Ade bling-bling glasses on and you will see how inconsistent he is. 5 good seasons 76 goals in 142 games, 5 shit seasons 18 goals in 75!

It's common knowledge in the football world that Ade plays well when contract talks are about to take place or when he has a point to prove. 20 may have understated it a bit. But look at his 10 PL seasons with out you Ade bling-bling glasses on and you will see how inconsistent he is. 5 good seasons 76 goals in 142 games, 5 shit seasons 18 goals in 75!

13 PL goals for us in his last 29 PL appearances is whats really relevent here though.

Soldado couldnt do it when he was AVBs golden boy, nor could he do it under Sherwood, and he hasnt taken his chances under Poch either.

Ade has just started his 4th season here.....under his 4th manager. Scored under all of them, but the disruption to his game doesnt count. Just for everyone else, but Ade should just be top notch

Last edited:
How I see it regards our strikers:

Kane, scores goals, most on form and Spurs. Love the guy. Has to start.

Soldado looks quite good in the 2 of a 442. A little unlucky at times, but must start scoring as, well he is a striker.

Adebayor, quality player when he wants to be, but just not often enough. Has been shit this season.

Soldado couldnt do it when he was AVBs golden boy, nor could he do it under Sherwood, and he hasnt taken his chances under Poch either.
And here is where you lose all relevance. Couldn't do it under two managers who were gone within 6 months. Taken his chances under Poch? You mean his 1 league start? Or his 3 in all cup games where has 1 goal nearly as many as Lord Adebayor under Poch? Jog on wanker

I don't consider Adecuntor a Spurs player - he's a goon double-agent sent here by Whinger and Mancini to destroy us and nullify any Top 4 threat we can pose to the established elite. This runs deeper than football and I suspect politicians might be involved as well as large multinationals / CL sponsors

Repent now before it's too late

And here is where you lose all relevance. Couldn't do it under two managers who were gone within 6 months. Taken his chances under Poch? You mean his 1 league start? Or his 3 in all cup games where has 2 goals as many as Lord Adebayor under Poch? Jog on wanker

And how many chances did he have to score to get to that tally? He had 4 shots last night, two were one on ones.

Brighton mate. With a reserve keeper.

Soldado looks quite good in the 2 of a 442. A little unlucky at times, but must start scoring as, well he is a striker.

Adebayor, quality player when he wants to be, but just not often enough. Has been shit this season.

The Ade - Soldado debate is basically shit now Kane looks better, if we are only playing one forward Kane it should be.

Scores goals, even when shit.

Until he hits top form, or we sign better, it should be Kane. Why trade a striker not scoring enough, for one who never scores.
I will take a striker that doesn't score brings others into the game and assists then a striker that does absolutely nothing and scores 2 goals in 8 appearances.

And this is the problem, everyone is looking at HISTORY, what about when bale banging in those 30 yarders nobody was saying you were a cack full back 3 years ago, its about the next game

Even Sammy admitted Ade not been right this year, good thats honest, and as you assess with the 3 there its really hard to split them as Ade our best option when on form, soldado looks good at linking and Kane pushing as hard as possible but maybe doesnt shine as much in prem

As usual, a total knife edge impossible decision - TOTTINGHAM HOTSPURS

why cant one of these cunts stand up and score 30 goals and bury the other two, properly

The Ade - Soldado debate is basically shit now Kane looks better, if we are only playing one forward Kane it should be.

Most of the people who back Ade seem willing to see Kane start....from what Ive seen though, most backing Soldado now want Kane AND Soldado to start.

The recent claims that the only problem was that supply from poor midfielders in Soldados case has been largely dismissed now, after a no show at the Etihad, and subsequent dropping, despite playing in the famed formation.

I cant fathom why Soldados biggest backers are unwilling to see Kane play in front of the 3 AMs as he is the in form striker.

Now they want to change the entire set up, to acomodate a striker who hasnt earned a spot.

Which would mean that even taking Ade out of their blinkered view, they also feel Soldado deserves to play ahead of either Lamela, Chadli or Eriksen.

Yeah, lets disband the ONLY thing working in the team for Bobby....until we need a new reason as to why his shots dont go in the goal.

Last edited:
I will take a striker that doesn't score brings others into the game and assists then a striker that does absolutely nothing and scores 2 goals in 8 appearances.

The thing is, scoring 2 goals isnt doing absolutely nothing....you seem to have forgetten our goal against Southampton too

Last edited:
It absolutely baffles me that people can STILL be defending Adebayor. What the fuck do you even see in him?

So Poch out? Because Poch's opinion aligns with mine when it comes to our strikers and attackers.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/10/17/pochettino-backs-adebayor
16th Oct:

"I am very happy with his performances," he said in a press conference on Thursday.

"It's difficult when the striker doesn't score, but we have full confidence in him."

And the next prem game he scores.

Only scoring 2 goals isnt doing absolutely nothing....you seem to have forgetten our goal against Southampton too
Sorry sorry, I can't believe I forgot that one good pass that Ade made in that one game. If only Soldado had gotten an assist somewhere in a premier league game... Oh wait, he did against last years champions!

Back
Top Bottom