Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love this aspect. As if you would last a week on other forums. You post repulsive shit. I've been on some of the forums for 5 years that finally got enough Cahspurs to whine often enough to ban me.

The people who level the banned apect at me like you, Beale and Arcspace wouldn't last a fucking week via your style of posting.

Why not post some more snuff images of people slaughtered? Quality poster that you are.
Dont mention my name. I don't think I've ever said anything about you being banned on a forum because i haven't been on other forums and haven't come across you anywhere else. Thank fuck. Still hate you. Keep talking shit you headcase xxxxx

Wont hear a bad word said about the lad. I absolutely fucking love him. Id go as far to say he's one of, if not numero uno... favourite players at the club at the minute. Had a great game earlier, one of those "done everything except score" games. I know some mug will chirp up and say "But if he can't score against brighton who can he score against" But that aint the point.
Anyway, There's more to football than goals. Otherwise games would be finished 23-16. The geezer is mustard.

Wont hear a bad word said about the lad. I absolutely fucking love him. Id go as far to say he's one of, if not numero uno... favourite players at the club at the minute. Had a great game earlier, one of those "done everything except score" games. I know some mug will chirp up and say "But if he can't score against brighton who can he score against" But that aint the point.
Anyway, There's more to football than goals. Otherwise games would be finished 23-16. The geezer is mustard.

He played well.

You could have just left it there instead of going down the Bieber-ette/Justin/Boyzone fan style hyper rant.

When Bobby plays well, but doesnt score (despite having good chances) its swept under the carpet.

Will you blame the supply for him hitting the bar with just a reserve lower level Chamionship teenage keeper to beat?

Or is it beyond the realms of humanity to say, simply, "some neat touches, linked up well, but should be burying those against this level."

If he didnt stand out against Brighton (like he didnt against Forest), Im pretty sure you would say he had a great game anyway (like you did against Forest).

So your review doesnt sound balanced. It sounds hysterical...."Bobby! My favourite player! Best Best Best!!"

Grow up mate, come one.

Last edited:
He failed to convert the simple chances that apparently are "his thing" against lower level opposition.

It is the point actually, and its why he has only managed to score 2 league goals from open play in 15 months.

Ade scores....that aint the point, he should be dropped anyway and had a shit game.......

Defoe scored a billion goals at this level.....that aint the point, it was shit opposition...

Now people want to drop Eriksen and play Soldado there. Fairly hilarious at the minute..

14 starts 4 goals 2 assists he had under AVB playing with idiotic midfielders like Paulinho and Townsend shooting into row Z more times than they'd look for pass. 9 starts 2 goals 3 assists under Sherwood who clearly wasn't a fan of his. Not a great season by any stretch of the imagination but do we right someone off after 23 league starts? His last 2 starts he has assisted both Kane and Eriksen. Adebayor in 9 starts all season has just 1!

14 starts 4 goals 2 assists he had under AVB playing with idiotic midfielders like Paulinho and Townsend shooting into row Z more times than they'd look for pass. 9 starts 2 goals 3 assists under Sherwood who clearly wasn't a fan of his. Not a great season by any stretch of the imagination but do we right someone off after 23 league starts? His last 2 starts he has assisted both Kane and Eriksen. Adebayor in 9 starts all season has just 1!

You seem to have forgotten to mention Ade under Sherwood last season to make the round up nice and fair....

Agreed. What Sherwood achieved is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned - he wasn't our manager

It's like exhibition tennis - meaningless stats

You seem to have forgotten to mention Ade under Sherwood last season to make the round up nice and fair....
Ade under Sherwood last season managed only 4 assists. The lone striker role is about more than just goals. His link up play is key to how the team goes in attack. 11 goals is all well and good but just 4 assists? Plus Ade has how many years experience playing in England?

Ade under Sherwood last season managed only 4 assists. The lone striker role is about more than just goals. His link up play is key to how the team goes in attack. 11 goals is all well and good but just 4 assists? Plus Ade has how many years experience playing in England?
The lone striker role can be all about goals, depends on the structure and philosophy of the team.

Balotelli played the lone striker and only got 6 assists for AC last year and was considered a success because he netted 18
Costa scored 36 and only assisted 4 last year.

To me that's what a lone striker is about

The lone striker role can be all about goals, depends on the structure and philosophy of the team.

Balotelli played the lone striker and only got 6 assists for AC last year and was considered a success because he netted 18
Costa scored 36 and only assisted 4 last year.

To me that's what a lone striker is about
Balotelli was that much of a success they sold him to Liverpool and have slated him multiple times in the media?

29 league goals in 35 (dont even know if he started them all) for Costa is on a completely different level also to Ade's 11 in 20!

A lone striker (to me) is someone who creates a constant threat to the opposition, be it by shooting/scoring or by setting others up to score. You see some teams playing a striker up on his own and they smash the ball to them and it pretty much goes straight back as the striker can't control it or has no idea what to do when they get it.

Adebayor is far better at holding on to the ball, waiting for players to join him and laying it off, working a shot. Soldado is more about a quick first time pass to another player, rather than holding the ball for a length of time. Two different styles of player, but for me Soldado fits in better when playing with Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli at this moment of time, however when Adebayor is in full motivated form, he's a different beast.

Adebayor at his best is easily our best striker don't get me wrong. But he has only played close to that potential when has played with the following motivations; 1) when on loan from City and was looking for a contract 2) when proving AVB wrong end of last season. He always needs that extra motivation to get him playing at desirable levels which has been a sad but true case wherever he has gone

Adebayor at his best is easily our best striker don't get me wrong. But he has only played close to that potential when has played with the following motivations; 1) when on loan from City and was looking for a contract 2) when proving AVB wrong end of last season. He always needs that extra motivation to get him playing at desirable levels which has been a sad but true case wherever he has gone

Absolutely, which is why his form was only good for about 6 weeks under Sherwood - from mid-Feb onwards it was very poor. For some reason people keep missing this point... he wasn't great under Sherwood the whole time, it was when he first came in with a point to prove. Once he had his place secured and the media back onside, his form and results dipped significantly.

LOL.....has it come down to dismissing Ades goal tally and comparing our strikers assists stats....

Oh...did I say...LOL. Yes, I think I did......L.O.L

Back
Top Bottom